Storing bags in Europe after cruise

Old February 25th, 2006, 03:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Storing bags in Europe after cruise

Can anyone advise on where to store bags for a week after
we leave the cruise boat on a trans-atlantic crossing? We
will disembark at Cittavechia, and go to Rome.
What about the airports? Can you store things like you
used to be able to before 9/11? Robbielynn

Old February 25th, 2006, 05:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Hi, Robbielynn,

Luggage storage has resumed post 9/11 in most places. There is left luggage
at Fiumicino (don't know about the other Rome airport) and at Termini, the
central rail station in Rome (I think the long-term rates are better at the
airport, but it's been a while since I priced that out). If you plan to stay
overnight in Rome on arrival--or even later in your trip--your best bet
might be your hotel.

Have a great trip.

Diana Ball
near Houston, TX

oups.com...

Old February 25th, 2006, 08:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

You have several choices -- You can store it at a hotel in Rome or best
if you are taking it with you and have a couple to go contact my
friends at http://www.driverinrome.com You'll be glad you did and
enjoy the music!

Old February 26th, 2006, 03:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thanks for the tips...I'm
going on mini- vacation
tomorrow but will need this
advice when we go on cruise.
-robbie

Old February 26th, 2006, 02:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Robbie

I used the Termini. "Train Station" You have to deal with a real person
vs a locker and security was good. I felt good about leaving my bags
there. If you are going to be gone a week, why not check out sending
your bags home. Rome has both a UPS and FedEx office close to the
American Embassy.

Mike

Old February 27th, 2006, 03:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Hi, Mike,

I would love to hear your tips and tricks using UPS and/or FedEx as a
luggage delivery agent. Most summers, we go abroad for about a month. Every
2-3 years, I have researched shipping luggage home, and I have never arrived
at a method that is anywhere in the ballpark of what I'd call reasonably
priced, plus there seem to be pesky customs/duty issues you have to
carefully handle.

Diana Ball
near Houston, TX

Old February 28th, 2006, 10:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Diana
You are right! It is not cheap, runs around $6.00 per pound. It is just
easy if you can spring for it. Notice that I said I use the baggage
check at the train station.
Mike

Old March 2nd, 2006, 02:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

We left our bags at the Rome airport after a cruise in Oct. on the Costa
Magica. In the lower level of the airport, there's a storage room. Has
attnendants and everything,so it's secure. You show your passport when you
drop the luggage & the guy gives you a claim check. It was like a few euros
per 24 hours. Can't remember exaactly, but wasn't expensive. Hope this
helped. Dale