Best Steakhouse in Toronto?

Old September 30th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Jamezgb

Default Best Steakhouse in Toronto?

Hi,

I shall be in Totonto for a week shortly (from the UK) wondered if
anyone could recommend a good steak house (or any other restaurant for
that matter), had a quick look on the internet and there are way to
many to choose from, so looking for some personal recommendations.
I'm rather fond of indian food as well if there are any worthy of
mention.

Thanks,
Jamezgb
Old September 30th, 2004, 05:01 PM
PeterL

"Jamezgb" wrote in message
Hi,

I shall be in Totonto for a week shortly (from the UK) wondered if
anyone could recommend a good steak house (or any other restaurant for
that matter), had a quick look on the internet and there are way to
many to choose from, so looking for some personal recommendations.
I'm rather fond of indian food as well if there are any worthy of
mention.

Ask your question on www.chowhound.com, Canadian board.

Thanks,
Jamezgb

Old September 30th, 2004, 07:25 PM
punk

My first choice would be Barberian's Steakhouse on Elm St and my second is
the good old chain standby, Ruth Chris on Richmond St.

Old September 30th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Iron Pirate

For my money, you can't beat Hy's

101-120 Adelaide Street W.

Bruce

Old September 30th, 2004, 10:34 PM
**bg**

"Iron Pirate" wrote in message
For my money, you can't beat Hy's

_______________--

Yup, Hy's it is, biggest buck$ tho

Best steak *deal* in Vancouver, try Fresgo's on Davie or on KG in Surrey.

-bg-
www.thelittlecanadaheadphoneband.ca
www.lchb.ca

Old October 1st, 2004, 02:45 AM
Roger B.

"Aramis" wrote...
A second for "Ruth's" Chris

"punk" wrote...
My first choice would be Barberian's Steakhouse on
Elm St and my second is the good old chain standby,
Ruth Chris on Richmond St.

"Ruth's Chris" are good steakhouses wherever they are,
and I 'spose that its helpful to know that one is there, but
rhetorically, should lists of "what's best in" include chains?
I'm not saying they should not, just thinking that maybe
more local flavor would be better. [R]