Elora and Fergus Ontario Canada

Old October 5th, 2004, 12:39 PM
sk

Default Elora and Fergus Ontario Canada

We will be traveling to the Elora and Fergus area in Ontario later this month.
Looking for restaurant recommendations and suggestions for activities. We like
to walk/easy hikes, and cultural and historical sites. I know there is the Cox
Creek winery in the area, anyone been there to tour, or is it just a store?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Sharon
Old October 5th, 2004, 05:13 PM
TheNewsGuy

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 11:39:23 GMT, sk wrote:

We will be traveling to the Elora and Fergus area in Ontario later this month.
Looking for restaurant recommendations and suggestions for activities. We like
to walk/easy hikes, and cultural and historical sites. I know there is the Cox
Creek winery in the area, anyone been there to tour, or is it just a store?

Try the St. Jacobs Farmers Market (Thur and Sat).
http://www.stjacobs.com/html/shoppin...rsmarkets.html

Here's a list of restaurants.
http://www.ferguselora.com/restaurant.htm

Some local trails
http://www.ferguselora.com/trails.htm

Have fun -

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
+ (two mirrored sites)
+ http://membres.lycos.fr/tnguym
+ http://wave.prohosting.com/tnguym NOWTHISWORKS
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Old October 6th, 2004, 04:37 PM
John Ramsay

Have you been to nearby St Jacobs? If not, I
suggest you include it. Charming town
with a large Farmers' Market and a hiking
trail starting right downtown. Mennonite
goods and foods available. Also a very
fine used book store.

We do a 2-hour drive from Welland to
St Jacobs, spend time there, then
have enough time to go to Elora and
Fergus before heading home.

Elora hiking trail along the Grand is
right in town.

Several restaurants in Elora with menus posted.
Just make a choice as you're walking around.

If on a budget, the Fergus burger place makes
good burgers.