Vicininy of MacLean Bed and Breakfast Recommendations

Old July 18th, 2005, 09:01 AM

Default Vicininy of MacLean Bed and Breakfast Recommendations

I'm driving from Coffs Harbour to Byron Bay, and was hoping to stay at
a b&b in MacLean, but found out that it no longer exists. I was hoping
to get a recommendation for a nice, clean, preferrably quiet, and yet
reasonably priced (no more than 100 AUS) bed and breakfast or similar
place to stay. any recommendations, with contact information would be
really great. thanks.

Old July 18th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Alan S

On 18 Jul 2005 01:01:41 -0700, wrote:

I'm driving from Coffs Harbour to Byron Bay, and was hoping to stay at
a b&b in MacLean, but found out that it no longer exists. I was hoping
to get a recommendation for a nice, clean, preferrably quiet, and yet
reasonably priced (no more than 100 AUS) bed and breakfast or similar
place to stay. any recommendations, with contact information would be
really great. thanks.

Do you really want a B&B? Motels are much more common here.
There are a couple in Maclean, but you'll also find plenty
in Grafton, or just a little further down the road in
beautiful Yamba. Unless you're travelling during a holiday
period there should be no need to book.

B&B's, although they exist in Australia, are far outnumbered
by motels. They also tend to be dearer. Most motels will
serve breakfast to the room (for a fee) or have an attached
restaurant. Pricing varies, but you should have no problem
finding something in the $70-$100 range.
This is an example from Wotif for Yamba:
http://www.wotif.com/Search.jsp?refi...ch&region=2489
This one is a standard motel, on the hill above the road to
Maclean, near Grafton:
http://www.goldenchain.com.au/listin...=state&loc=NSW
and you'll find a group he
http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel...rectory/motels

I'd just note the numbers and give them a ring on the day.
That way you can be flexible with timing. The whole district
is worth spending some time - but I'm biased, I went to
Grafton High:-)

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old July 19th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Julie

"Alan S" wrote in message
[...]

Just another idea. There are lots of caravan parks along the northern coast
and they usually have magnificent views. A self contained cabin in a
caravan park would cost much less than a B & B and you will meet lots of
other travellers as well. I can recommend the Blue Dolphin at Yamba.

Julie, Australia