Woman tries to open door during flight

Old August 4th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Earl Evleth

Default Woman tries to open door during flight

Well, the food on airplanes is so bad
now maybe she just wanted to eat out.

*****

Police: Woman tries to open door during flight

SEATTLE, Washington (AP) -- A woman was arrested Wednesday for attempting to
open an airplane exit door while the plane was still in the air, police
said.

The 52-year-old woman from Dania Beach, Florida, left her seat and tried to
open the door as the United Airlines flight was descending into Seattle to
land, police said. The plane was at an altitude of about 4,000 feet at the
time.

She failed but "did manage to turn the handle far enough that a warning
light went on in the cockpit," Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
spokesman Bob Parker told KING-TV.

A flight attendant persuaded the woman to sit back down, but nobody
physically restrained her. Parker said the other passengers stayed belted in
their seats in case she did manage to open the door.

The woman was arrested for investigation of malicious mischief when the
plane landed. Police were investigating whether alcohol and prescription
medication were involved.

A United spokesman did not immediately return a call for comment late
Wednesday.

Old August 4th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Runge

Whew for a moment I thought you were out of copy and paste
not only you've come back, but even better with a topic which has nothing to
do with Europe...your usual self !
....self centered and centered on your country

Old August 5th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Don Wiss

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:49:09 +0200, Earl Evleth wrote:

SEATTLE, Washington (AP) -- A woman was arrested Wednesday for attempting to
open an airplane exit door while the plane was still in the air, police
said.

What does this have to do with travel to Europe?

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).
Old August 5th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Tim Challenger

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:07:18 -0400, Don Wiss wrote:

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:49:09 +0200, Earl Evleth wrote:

SEATTLE, Washington (AP) -- A woman was arrested Wednesday for attempting to
open an airplane exit door while the plane was still in the air, police
said.

What does this have to do with travel to Europe?

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Washington, UK.
I don't know about a Seattle, but there's a Settle in north Yorkshire.
--
Tim C.
Old August 5th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Earl Evleth

On 5/08/05 1:07, in article , "Don
Wiss" wrote:

What does this have to do with travel to Europe?

It can happen anywhere.

Old August 5th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Earl Evleth

On 5/08/05 8:58, in article
1123225002.9ebe785bc69ec09936939fda8567c19c@terane ws, "Tim Challenger"
wrote:

Washington, UK.
I don't know about a Seattle, but there's a Settle in north Yorkshire.
--

It there a Toronto around, too? A good portion of the recent postings are on
the Air France Crash "there".

Old August 5th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Tim Challenger

wrote:

Washington, UK.
I don't know about a Seattle, but there's a Settle in north Yorkshire.
--

It there a Toronto around, too? A good portion of the recent postings are on
the Air France Crash "there".

I think there's a Toronto Hotel in Sidcup.
--
Tim C.
Old August 5th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Alan S

wrote:

What does this have to do with travel to Europe?

The carrier is based there, and it's safety may impinge on
other destinations. Seems logical to me. I had no problems
accepting a Qantas problem in Bangkok as a subject on
rec.travel.australia+nz a while back.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old August 5th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Earl Evleth

On 5/08/05 9:42, in article
1123227606.d02a6824a550b406011a079ec80021d4@terane ws, "Tim Challenger"
wrote:

It there a Toronto around, too? A good portion of the recent postings are on
the Air France Crash "there".

I think there's a Toronto Hotel in Sidcup.

None in Paris, there are several "California" Hotels, however.

According to the lyrics of the song of the same name (The Eagles)

"You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

Not exactly true since we left.

Old August 5th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Jack Campin - bogus address

SEATTLE, Washington (AP) -- A woman was arrested Wednesday for
attempting to open an airplane exit door while the plane was
still in the air, police said.

What does this have to do with travel to Europe?

I don't know about a Seattle, but there's a Settle in north Yorkshire.

Which has this major tourist attraction:

http://www.settle-carlisle.co.uk/
http://www.yorkshire-dales.com/settle-carlisle.html

And there is a Seattle in the UK I know quite well:

http://www.dragonflymusic.co.uk/