Cooler cups and mosquito repellant for Cancun?

Old June 25th, 2004, 07:43 PM

Default Cooler cups and mosquito repellant for Cancun?

Leaving for Playa Del Carmen area in abt a week.
Trying to get final packing list together.

Staying in an all inclusive.... Bahia Principe Tulum

Never been there so its a first for me

Having said that I was advised to take my own cooler
cups with me. Excuse my ignorance but Im not quite
sure what a cooler cup is? Have a link to what is
being talked abt?

Also....was also advised to take mosquito repellant.
But see there are varying "strengths" of DEET compound.
Some is 18 percent... some is 30 percent.... some 100
percent. Any advice on what to take strength wise?
Old June 26th, 2004, 03:45 PM
wayne

I found a bunch of different cooler cups at this web site

Wal-Mart or 7-11 carries all different ones

http://www.whirley.com/onlinecatalog...ed%20mugs.html

As for the DEET I think 30-50% is best as the 100% can cause irritation

Also remember you can spray clothing when it is not on you. It is usually
best to have spray and I found years ago a roll on stick type that worked
well for the face!

Wayne

Old June 27th, 2004, 11:03 PM

I found a bunch of different cooler cups at this web site

Wal-Mart or 7-11 carries all different ones

http://www.whirley.com/onlinecatalog...ed%20mugs.html

Thanks Wayne! That link is just what I needed!

I will go to walmart and buy a couple of them

As for the DEET I think 30-50% is best as the 100% can cause irritation

OK...will NOT get the 100 percent DEET. I was worried
abt irritation as putting something 100 percent on skin
doesn't sound too good