Playa Del Carmen

Old September 20th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Milhouse

Default Playa Del Carmen

I know that in Cozumel there are a wide variety of beaches that one can go
to. Is Playa del Carmen the same way or is Playa del Carmen a single beach?
If not, any suggestions on which beach to go to at Playa?

Thanks,
Milhouse

Old September 20th, 2003, 02:52 PM
Mason Barge

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 11:49:01 GMT, "Milhouse"
wrote:

I know that in Cozumel there are a wide variety of beaches that one can go
to. Is Playa del Carmen the same way or is Playa del Carmen a single beach?
If not, any suggestions on which beach to go to at Playa?

It really is just one beach with a once small town attached, but, as
it is grows, the beach is starting to have "areas". Nothing like
Cozumel, which is an island. The beach itself is like, I don't know,
Daytona Beach -- a couple of miles of uninterrupted sandy beach
running straight down the coast.

Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln
Old September 20th, 2003, 03:32 PM
Tom & Linda

I'm not sure what your ship will do, but 99% of ships just do a quick
drop off of passengers at Playa del Carmen for the folks who want to go
see the Mayan ruins. Then the ship sails on to Cozumel immediately
after that and docks. At the end of the day, the Mayan ruins passengers
are ferried back to Cozumel.

Most ships don't really spend the day at Playa del Carmen.

--Tom

Old September 20th, 2003, 08:02 PM
Milhouse

The Holiday stops one day at Cozumel and another full day at Playa del
Carmen so we will have a full day there.

Milhouse

Old September 20th, 2003, 10:03 PM
Eileen Garland

Milhouse, if you have an entire day in both, you might want to consider
using the day in Playa del Carmen to go see the Mayan ruins at Tulum, if
you've never done that.

Eileen