Mexican Riviera Weather/Temperature

Old May 4th, 2004, 04:12 PM

Default Mexican Riviera Weather/Temperature

Hi Jackie... How does one define a rough cruise? ...On my last return
up the Baja, I saw no end of cruisers coming to the Concierge asking for
sea-sick pills. ....Now, I don't have a cast iron stomach when it comes
to the ocean, but I thought: Jesus, I wonder how these people would
react if the ocean was actually rough. This part of the cruise has
"never" been to the uncomfortable level for me, so don't get your fears
worked up. In fact, last fall the ocean was like glass all the way down.
...As for warmth, the air (at night) is definitely warmer south of
Mazatlan, but I don't think you'll find a warmer place during the day
than Puerto Vallarta. ...And as I metioned before, from Cabo on, I found
the ocean extremely smooth. ...Jon

Old May 4th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Bill Warnock

I cruise the Mexican Riviera all year long. And yes... during
the winter months the temps above Cabo up to Southern California
can be on the chilly side.

One thing about it though... when headed South... about an hour
before you get near Cabo you cross an imaginary geographical line
called the Tropic of Cancer.

Meaning you have entered the Tropics... and the climate and the
environment is going to be a whole different ball game... and a
setting that you will probably enjoy regardless of the time of
year you are there.

Old timers tell me that April is the optimum month to be in that
region...

Oh yeh... the hurricane season is June through October... and yes
I have had more than one cruise screwed up because of the storms.

Hope this little knee jerk tutorial helps...

Best regards

Bill
Old May 5th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Bill Warnock

Oh yeh... the hurricane season is June through October... and yes
I have had more than one cruise screwed up because of the storms.

I think I better ammend the above referenced statement that I made
in a previous posting on this thread.

"Cruise screwed up..." meaning our basic itineraries were altered
in order to avoid the main storm areas. For example on one Puerto
Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas seven day gig, we got as far
south as Cabo... laid over there for a few hours... then headed
back north to Long Beach... via layovers at San Diego then Catalina
Island.

The cruise and ship board life was enjoyable it's just that they have
to adjust the courses accordingly under these circumstances..

I'm also one of those that thinks there is no such thing as a bad
cruise... some are just better than others. (smile)

Bill

"This summer heading for the South Pacific aboard the "Tausala Samoa" for 28 days"