Convert or Adapt?.. A Question of electricity....

Old June 7th, 2004, 10:32 PM
KVN

Default Convert or Adapt?.. A Question of electricity....

For SEA, is there a universal adapter for all the country into a North
American plug? or is it specific. If so is it best to buy the adapter in
each county or should I hit up the Radio Shack here in Canada?? I only need
it to recharge my batteries for my digi..

Thanks,
Kevin

Old June 7th, 2004, 10:55 PM
Peter L

"KVN" wrote in message ...
For SEA, is there a universal adapter for all the country into a North
American plug? or is it specific. If so is it best to buy the adapter in
each county or should I hit up the Radio Shack here in Canada?? I only

need
it to recharge my batteries for my digi..

No there is no universal adapter. In some locations it's relatively easy to
pop into a local shop and get a cheap adapter. In other locations not so
easy. Tell us where you are going to be.

Thanks,
Kevin

Old June 7th, 2004, 11:58 PM
KVN

Japan Singapore Thailand Myanmar Loas Cambodia, then Australia and New
Zealand which is 220 I believe so there I will need the converter?!?..

Old June 8th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Peter L

"KVN" wrote in message ...
Japan Singapore Thailand Myanmar Loas Cambodia, then Australia and New
Zealand which is 220 I believe so there I will need the converter?!?..

Depends on where you are from. Thailand no problem just popping in a local
shop and getting a converter. You may want to get proper ones for Myanmar,
Loas, and Cambodia while you are in Thailand too.

Similarly I don't see a problem just getting one from a store in either
Australia or New Zealand.

Old June 8th, 2004, 06:09 AM
Edwin Lau

Not too sure what type of digicams you got. If they use standard AA
batteries
than getting a charger which does 110-220v would do the trick. You probably
just need to get a universal adapter to convert the plug head and you do
fine.
Those are quite common.

Most device manufacturers now do provide 110-220v auto converter for their
chargers. Check to see if there is such a rating and if so, you are safe.

The targus universal power travel adapter should allow you to use the plugs
anyway in the world

Old June 8th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Tchiowa

"Peter L" wrote in message ...
"KVN" wrote in message ...
For SEA, is there a universal adapter for all the country into a North
American plug? or is it specific. If so is it best to buy the adapter in
each county or should I hit up the Radio Shack here in Canada?? I only

need
it to recharge my batteries for my digi..

No there is no universal adapter. In some locations it's relatively easy to
pop into a local shop and get a cheap adapter. In other locations not so
easy. Tell us where you are going to be.

If you're looking to plug in a complicated device you have a problem.
However, if you are just looking to charge your phone or something,
most hotels have a US type plug in the bathroom for plugging in your
shaver.
Old June 9th, 2004, 11:10 PM
Rick

Radio Shack should carry the one transformer/adapter with standard plug
insert you are familiar with.