Water buses in Venice

Old May 7th, 2008, 08:37 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
oceanchelle

Default Water buses in Venice

I have no idea if I am in the right place to ask this question.. If
not - maybe someone could point me in the right direction? thanks.
Well, what I would like to know is - I need to take a water bus from
Marco Polo Airport (VCE) over to Venice (Rialto stop) -- but when I go
to the water bus site - there is no airport choice for the departure
station. Does anyone know if there is a different name for it? I
have taken it before - and had to walk to the end of the airport to
get there - but I can't remember the name of that stop. Thank you!
Old May 7th, 2008, 08:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_4_]

"oceanchelle" wrote in message
I have no idea if I am in the right place to ask this question.. If
not - maybe someone could point me in the right direction? thanks.
Well, what I would like to know is - I need to take a water bus from
Marco Polo Airport (VCE) over to Venice (Rialto stop) -- but when I go
to the water bus site - there is no airport choice for the departure
station. Does anyone know if there is a different name for it? I
have taken it before - and had to walk to the end of the airport to
get there - but I can't remember the name of that stop. Thank you!

I think that it is only the Alilaguna which goes to Marco Polo. Start he
http://www.alilaguna.it/?funzione=1&...alore=8&modo=6
--
JohnT

Old May 7th, 2008, 09:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
oceanchelle

On May 7, 12:52*am, "JohnT" wrote:
"oceanchelle" wrote in message

I have no idea if I am in the right place to ask this question.. If
not - maybe someone could point me in the right direction? *thanks.
Well, what I would like to know is - I need to take a water bus from
Marco Polo Airport (VCE) over to Venice (Rialto stop) -- but when I go
to the water bus site - there is no airport choice for the departure
station. *Does anyone know if there is a different name for it? *I
have taken it before - and had to walk to the end of the airport to
get there - but I can't remember the name of that stop. *Thank you!

I think that it is only the Alilaguna which goes to Marco Polo. Start hehttp://www.alilaguna.it/?funzione=1&...alore=8&modo=6
--
JohnT

Thanks. I just tried that site and it looks like there is a departure
from the airport (although more expensive than the other I looked at)
- but I don't think they go past about 4pm. Our flight comes in at
8pm. When I used a water bus before - we had come in at 9pm -- and
there was still one there...unless something has changed in 2 years??
Old May 7th, 2008, 11:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

On 7 Mag, 09:37, oceanchelle wrote:
I have no idea if I am in the right place to ask this question.. If
not - maybe someone could point me in the right direction? *thanks.
Well, what I would like to know is - I need to take a water bus from
Marco Polo Airport (VCE) over to Venice (Rialto stop) -- but when I go
to the water bus site - there is no airport choice for the departure
station. *Does anyone know if there is a different name for it? *I
have taken it before - and had to walk to the end of the airport to
get there - but I can't remember the name of that stop. *Thank you!

Hi,
you have a good memory, you can't remember the name because there
isn't a name. From Marco Polo Airport take the shuttle bus or walk
till the peer, just few minutes walk, there is only one place to catch
the vaporetto or Alilaguna, just look for the water, you will not miss
it and you will be not alone.
good luck
fabio
Old May 7th, 2008, 03:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_4_]

On May 7, 12:52 am, "JohnT" wrote:
[...]

It runs until midnight. Click on one of the time periods to the right of
"time wrap".
--
JohnT

Old May 7th, 2008, 08:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Steve Cain

The airport water bus isn't going to stop at Rialto. You'll need to take a
vaporetto from San Marco to Rialto or walk the land between the two stops.
Going back to the airport there is an airport bus that stops at Rialto.

In the evening the airport bus to San Marco runs on 10 past an hour up to
0:10.
Since the bus runs but once an hour you may be better served by taking a
land bus from the airport to P. Roma and vaporetto to Rialto.
http://www.actv.it/english/navigazio...iffe_vaporetto

regards, s

Old May 8th, 2008, 08:24 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

On May 7, 12:52*am, "JohnT" wrote:
"oceanchelle" wrote in message

I have no idea if I am in the right place to ask this question.. If
not - maybe someone could point me in the right direction? *thanks.
Well, what I would like to know is - I need to take a water bus from
Marco Polo Airport (VCE) over to Venice (Rialto stop) -- but when I go
to the water bus site - there is no airport choice for the departure
station. *Does anyone know if there is a different name for it? *I
have taken it before - and had to walk to the end of the airport to
get there - but I can't remember the name of that stop. *Thank you!

I think that it is only the Alilaguna which goes to Marco Polo. Start hehttp://www.alilaguna.it/?funzione=1&...alore=8&modo=6
--
JohnT

Is the Alilaguna really worth it? I imagine that floating into Venice
on the water is the real way to go but at 12 EURO per person, it
hardly seems worth it. Geez, save your money for the gondolier. Not
only is it ridiculously expensive, it is really slow -- an hour and 20
minutes to get from Marco Polo to Piazza San Marco??? I give up --
why does anybody choose Alilaguna when you can take a Venice Airport
Terminal bus to Piazzale Roma (20 minutes, 3.00 euro) and then a
vaporetto from there to San Marco? And both in less time than
Alilaguna takes to stop at Murano, Fondamente Nove and Lido -- not to
take you out of your way or nothing every time. Can it be that
valuable to make ports of call at places you probably can't get off to
see anything? Just curious.
Old May 8th, 2008, 01:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Steve Cain

[...]

Your observation is dead on. The water taxi industry really works at
travelers believing the only alternative to their 98-115 euro rates (1-4
people) is the ultimate SLOW boat to which you refer. Most if not all hotel
concierges and desk personnel have cash laid on for pickup calls. It's
likely that none would provide the info regarding the vaporetto to P. Roma
and land bus to Marco Polo or vice versa.

Old May 14th, 2008, 05:59 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
oceanchelle

On May 8, 12:24*am, wrote:
On May 7, 12:52*am, "JohnT" wrote:

[...]

see anything? *Just curious.- Hide quoted text -

I am interested in hearing more about the bus. I just heard about it
myself (didn't know it was available). Can you please tell me exactly
where we get the bus at the airport, and does it run often and that
late (after 8pm 20:00)? Can we pay the 3 euro on the bus? Does it
drop us right where we get the water bus to Rialto (not San Marco)?
Thank you for the info -- and thank you to everyone who has tried to
help! I need it!
Old May 14th, 2008, 04:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Steve Cain

I am interested in hearing more about the bus. I just heard about it
myself (didn't know it was available). Can you please tell me exactly
where we get the bus at the airport, and does it run often and that
late (after 8pm 20:00)? Can we pay the 3 euro on the bus? Does it
drop us right where we get the water bus to Rialto (not San Marco)?
Thank you for the info -- and thank you to everyone who has tried to
help! I need it!

There is a local transportation ticket office near the exit to the parking
lot. The buses are in the lot and you will be directed to the correct one.
The last stop on the route will be P. Le Roma were the fun begins. It is my
notion that "Night" services aren't even in play until around 23:00
depending on the route of the vaporetto. The night schedule is below and
the regular schedule is at
http://www.hellovenezia.com/jspvenez...stivo_2008.pdf
You might want to get one of the passes for whatever is the best deal for
your length of stay. Likely you will ride these boats pretty frequently.
You just walk on and off but they do check passengers tickets from time to
time.
What hotel are you using btw?

From Piazzale Roma to Lido by Canal Grande
at 0.09 - 0.49 - 1.29 - 2.09 - 2.49 - 3.29 - 4.09 - 4.29 - 4.49
Last stop at Rialto
at 0.29 - 1.09 - 1.49 - 2.29 - 3.09 - 3.49
From Lido to Piazzale Roma by Canal Grande
at 23.26 - 26.46 - 0.06 - 0.26 - 1.06 - 1.46 - 2.26 - 3.06 - 3.46
From Rialto to Piazzale Roma
from 23.55 to 4.25 at minutes 15, 35, 55
From Piazzale Roma to San Zaccaria by Canale della Giudecca
at 0.10 - 0.30 - 1.10 - 1.50 - 2.30 - 3.10 - 3.50 - 4.30
From San Zaccaria to Piazzale Roma by Canale della Giudecca
at 23.30 - 23.50 - 0.10 - 0.50 - 1.30 - 2.10 - 2.50 - 3.30 - 4.10
From Fondamente Nove to Murano
at 23.41 - 0.15 - 0.45 - 1.15 - 1.45 - 2.15 - 2.45 - 3.15 - 3.45 - 4.15
From Murano Museo to Fondamente Nove
at 23.57 - 0.29 - 0.59 - 1.29 - 1.59 - 2.29 - 2.59 - 3.29 - 3.59 - 4.2

Good luck s