The Euro at $1.55

Old March 21st, 2008, 02:27 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

Default The Euro at $1.55

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 15:14:37 -0700,
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

John Kulp wrote:

If you have excellent care through the California system, why would
you opt for Finland?

EXCUSE ME????? Aside from the fact Mr. Hatunen lives in Arizona, not
California, what "California System" would THAT be? Governor
Schwartzeneger may have proposed one that makes sense (so far as it
goes), but it hasn't happened yet!

As noted before, my health cre is provided through the California
Public Employees retirement System. Although, until I went on
MediCare it was contracted through AZ Blue Cross.

Old March 21st, 2008, 02:45 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:24:21 -0700, Hatunen wrote:

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 22:36:54 GMT, (John
Kulp) wrote:

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 15:09:41 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

Hatunen wrote:
On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 04:08:13 GMT,
(John
Kulp) wrote:
Go look at the University of Michgan study
which showed that the VA medical care system is higher quality than
any equivalent private system and at a lower cost before you make a
bigger fool of yourself.

The question isn't quality of medical care, which varies, but
access.

Exactly! But of course our moron president also thinks Americans get
perfectly adequate medical care, because HE'S always had it (and the
money to PAY for what his insurance doesn't cover). I think the idea of
providing all Americans with the same kind of care Congress gets (and WE
pay for, out of our taxes) had a great deal of merit.

I don't think he's ever said that. He just doesn't want to pay for
what it would take, though he did get the Medicare drug benefit
through.

But doesn't allow competitive bidding for vendors to supply
drugs, nor any special negotiation to bring down prices.

Yeah, but that's been around in Medicare for ages. Not a Bush
initiative though he didn't try to do anything to change it either.
Old March 21st, 2008, 03:07 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Magda wrote:
On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:02:32 -0500, in rec.travel.europe, erilar
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... In article ,
... jeremy wrote:
... erilar wrote:
... Ah, but we know how to spell it! And we have our own version of it,
... just as India has.
... At least the Indians keep most of the grammar, spelling and punctuation :-)
... JJ
... If you're referring to a few u's we leave out, that's deliberate choice.
... As for the grammar and punctuation, some of us use it properly, even the
... apostrophe and hyphen!

Few of you do. Most of you don't see anything wrong with "should of", "definately" and
other pearls...

Define "most"! A great many of us have given up trying to correct the
obvious results of our inferior education system. (That does NOT mean we
don't use the language correctly ourselves.) FWIW, Internet newsgroups
are not always the best venue from which to judge English usage - I'm
sure I am not the only poster who overlooks my own typos because I'm in
a hurry to express myself - I sometimes cringe when I re-read it here,
after I've hit the "send" button a tad too soon.
Old March 21st, 2008, 09:27 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , Hatunen says...

I doubt the US will lsoe the war. But I am fairly certain they
won't win it.

What is the difference between not winning and losing?
--

Alfred Molon
Old March 21st, 2008, 09:29 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , John Kulp says...
And no, sanctions
shouldn't be put on every country with WMD. Just those like Iraq who
invaded a neighbor and caused a couple of major wars.

Like the USA or Israel for instance?
--

Alfred Molon
Old March 21st, 2008, 09:33 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos

"Alfred Molon" kirjoitti
s.com...
In article , Hatunen says...

I doubt the US will lsoe the war. But I am fairly certain they
won't win it.

What is the difference between not winning and losing?
--

Not winning doesn't necessarily mean losing. For instance there are lots of
sports - like football in which games can result ties as well.

Old March 21st, 2008, 10:11 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , Markku
Grönroos says...

Not winning doesn't necessarily mean losing. For instance there are lots of
sports - like football in which games can result ties as well.

But a war is something different from a football match.
--

Alfred Molon