HDMI Incompability on Philips LCD TV

Old May 2nd, 2010, 07:38 AM posted to soc.culture.singapore,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.taiwan,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.usa
Siansiansian

Default HDMI Incompability on Philips LCD TV

I connected the HD Box to my Philips LCD TV using HDMI cable, and
turn on the HD Dolby Sound system option on the box, there will be no
sound but sparkling noises. I called up Philips tehnical service 2
years ago, they deny it is their Philips TV problem despite the fact
their HDMI port has incompability problem.

Recently, my Philips LCD TV also cannot work with Samsung BluRay
player using HDMI connection as well. Philips TV will display
flickering lines, or intermittent loss of picture/sound when playing
back the Bluray CD.

The same Bluray player works fine with many other TVs, be it Toshiba,
JVC, LG, Samsung or Panosonic, except Philips TV. So do check and make
sure the HDMI port compability if you are buying Philips TV.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 03:43 PM posted to soc.culture.singapore,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.taiwan,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.usa
Holy Smoke

On 5/2/2010 2:38 PM, Siansiansian wrote:
I connected the HD Box to my Philips LCD TV using HDMI cable, and
turn on the HD Dolby Sound system option on the box, there will be no
sound but sparkling noises. I called up Philips tehnical service 2
years ago, they deny it is their Philips TV problem despite the fact
their HDMI port has incompability problem.

Recently, my Philips LCD TV also cannot work with Samsung BluRay
player using HDMI connection as well. Philips TV will display
flickering lines, or intermittent loss of picture/sound when playing
back the Bluray CD.

The same Bluray player works fine with many other TVs, be it Toshiba,
JVC, LG, Samsung or Panosonic, except Philips TV. So do check and make
sure the HDMI port compability if you are buying Philips TV.

2 years ago(?) and you are writing only now? are you not daft? You
connected with the HDMI cable and "there WILL be no sound" Is it that
there is no sound or you think that there WILL be no sound?

Recently cannot work with your Samsung, what happen between 2 years ago
and the recently? If it wouldn't work 2 years ago, what makes you think
it would work recently? You are really daft.

Old May 2nd, 2010, 05:34 PM posted to soc.culture.singapore,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.taiwan,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.usa
Siansiansian

On May 2, 10:43*pm, Holy Smoke wrote:
[...]

I must agree I was cheated by Philips servicing staff who told me 2
years ago that it was not Philips TV's HDMI fault, and the technical
staff totally denied their technical fault. But, Philips Technical
staff admitted recently that it is their HDMI incompability on their
Philips LCD TV when I called them about the Samsunhg Bluray Player
problem. But Philips expect me to pay hundreds of dollars in order for
them to upgrade the software on my Philips LCD TV.

For this hundreds of dollars, I can buy a new and much better Full HD
LCD TV.

Old May 2nd, 2010, 08:05 PM posted to soc.culture.singapore,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.taiwan,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.usa
Bang Adil

On May 2, 9:34*am, Siansiansian wrote:
[...]

How do you know you won't have anymore problems when you buy a new
Philips product? My suggestion is to stay with the old product, at
least you
already know what's the problem...;-)
Old May 2nd, 2010, 08:13 PM posted to soc.culture.singapore,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.taiwan,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.usa
rst9

On May 2, 12:05*pm, Bang Adil wrote:
[...]

Seek help when you have a problem or don't understand what is
happening. Siansiansian is doing the right thing. Don't criticize
him, but try to help if you can.