Travel to London

Old March 27th, 2007, 01:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
The Reid

Default Travel to London

On 27 Mar 2007 05:39:40 -0700, "Valmir" wrote:

Well I'd love to visit the Natural History Museum. And I'd love to see
some castles.

Bodium is a classic moated small castle fairly near London, Scotland
has romantic castles but probably the best big castles are in Wales,
Caernarvon, Harlech etc etc. There is of course the tower of London,
Leeds castle is also near London.
"http://www.castlexplorer.co.uk/list-eng.php"

I live in South America and, of course, New Word's
countries doesn't have Middle Age castles..

this is true :-)
--
Mike Reid
UK walking, food, photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old March 27th, 2007, 01:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor

Valmir wrote:

On 26 mar, 12:30, "Mimi" wrote:

You can save a lot of money on the British train fares if you buy your
ticket well ahead of time.

Marianne

By the way, is it possible to buy those tickets through internet? Are
the websites reliable?

Yes. www.thetrainline.com is what I use. In your case, you'd want to
arrange to pick up the tickets in the UK- usually by using the card you
used at a machine- though I don't know if there would be a chip and pin
complication with this- maybe someone can confirm?

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
Old March 27th, 2007, 02:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Make credence recognised that on 27 Mar 2007 05:36:01 -0700, "Valmir"
has scripted:

Excuse me... English is not my first language.

Don't worry, it's obviously quite good. I make lots of similar
mistakes in Italian everyday.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com

Old March 27th, 2007, 04:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Sarah Banick

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
. fi...

"Iceman" kirjoitti
legroups.com...
On Mar 26, 9:51 am, "Valmir" wrote:
Hi,

I'm planning to travel to London in Octuber. How many days should I
spend to meet London without lose important places to view/stay?

The minimum would be 4-5 days.

As a Beatles fan, I'm also planning to meet Liverpool. How many day
for Liverpool? And which way is best for transportation from London to
Liverpool?

2-3 days in Liverpool. The bus is the cheapest way to get there, but
the train is more pleasant.

Beatles tours are about three hours, and visit Strawberry Fields,
Penny Lane, and the childhood homes of the four Beatles, and finish on
Mayhew Street, where the club where they got their start was. (It's
now a cafe.) Mayhew Street has a lot of Beatles memorabilia shops,
and there are a lot of music clubs in the area, some of which feature
Beatles cover bands.

And what about a pilgrimage to the Abbey Road studios while in London.

Actually, it's Mathew Street. And the club is the Cavern, though the
original is long gone.

London Walks....which I highly recommend to anyone visiting London....had
two Beatles tours, last time I checked. Great way to see Abbey Road, Paul's
house in St. John's Wood, the loft where Yoko and John met, etc.
http://www.walks.com/

Old March 27th, 2007, 07:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Volker Hetzer

Valmir schrieb:
Well I'd love to visit the Natural History Museum. And I'd love to see
some castles.

For a seriously big one, visit Dover Castle.

I live in South America and, of course, New Word's
countries doesn't have Middle Age castles..

On the other hand we don't have your maya and aztec
pyramids...

Lots of Greetings!
Volker
--
For email replies, please substitute the obvious.
Old March 27th, 2007, 08:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Martin D. Pay

On 27 Mar 2007 05:39:40 -0700, "Valmir"
mangled uncounted electrons thus:

Well I'd love to visit the Natural History Museum. And I'd love to see
some castles. I live in South America and, of course, New Word's
countries doesn't have Middle Age castles..

Well, if you like castles you should come out of London to
Colchester (about 1 hour by train). It's Britain's oldest town,
with a castle that was built on the foundations of the Roman
temple to the Emperor Claudius. You can take tour with a
qualified guide and be taken down into the basements, into the
actual Roman building...

Martin D. Pay
And it's set in a very nice park, as well...

On 27 mar, 04:05, The Reid wrote:
On 26 Mar 2007 07:51:57 -0700, "Valmir" wrote:

I'm planning to travel to London in Octuber. How many days should I
spend to meet London without lose important places to view/stay?

impossible question really.

Personally I would want to make two walks. One taking in Soho,
Buckingham palace, British Museum and the Inns of Court down to the
Thames and nexy day continue along the Thames to Greenwich after trip
on the "eye". But thats how I like to see cities. If you want to do
all the museums and galleries you might need 14 days!

Old March 27th, 2007, 09:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Valmir

On 27 mar, 15:04, Volker Hetzer wrote:
Valmir schrieb: Well I'd love to visit the Natural History Museum. And I'd love to see
some castles.

For a seriously big one, visit Dover Castle.

I live in South America and, of course, New Word's
countries doesn't have Middle Age castles..

:).... Actually, I live in Brazil, we havent had maia and asteca
civilization here.. They had appeared on the Andes' side of south
America and Mexico