Need Help with selection of River Cruise Line

Old December 1st, 2004, 11:44 PM
Dan Wenz

Default Need Help with selection of River Cruise Line

I thought a European river cruise might be of interest to my wife and
me, and have gathered several cruise tour brochures together for what's
amounting to a confusing number of possibilities. We've never traveled
on any of the following lines before. I've looked at Tauck Tours (Too
expensive for us), Trafalger, Globus, Viking River Cruises, Peter
Deilmann Cruises, and General Tours. Any comments, pro or con, from you
folks would be a big help for my overloaded brain.
Old December 2nd, 2004, 01:25 AM

We have taken two Viking River Cruises - one in Russia and one from
Budapest to Amsterdam. We hope to take more so you know we were
satisfied with Viking. The food, accomodations, tours, etc. were
first-class and left nothing to be desired.

Old December 2nd, 2004, 02:13 AM
DebTraveler

Durant Imboden has reviews of Viking River Cruises and Peter Deilmann on his
web site Europe for Visitors.

http://europeforvisitors.com/

Old December 2nd, 2004, 02:13 AM
DebTraveler

Old December 2nd, 2004, 08:07 AM
I. Wilson Gittleman, M.D.

I have read the previous posts and no one has mentioned Vantage.

I think Viking and Vantage are very similar in all contexts.

This Spring I took a Vantage river cruise from Amsterdam to the Black
Sea -- about 29 days. Everything was excellent.

"Iti is better to be vaguely right than precisely wrong.
--J. M. Keynes

Old December 2nd, 2004, 01:54 PM
Dan Wenz

Dan Wenz wrote:
I thought a European river cruise might be of interest to my wife and
me, and have gathered several cruise tour brochures together for what's
amounting to a confusing number of possibilities. We've never traveled
on any of the following lines before. I've looked at Tauck Tours (Too
expensive for us), Trafalger, Globus, Viking River Cruises, Peter
Deilmann Cruises, and General Tours. Any comments, pro or con, from you
folks would be a big help for my overloaded brain.

Thanks to all who responded, now I have this day's work cut out for me,
thinking time. How about Globus' river cruises, anyone comment? So busy,
this retired life :-)

Old December 2nd, 2004, 02:16 PM
Dorothy Clarkson

Tauck, Trafalger, Globus, General, Vantage, and Grand Circle do not own any
ships. They charter from Viking, Uniworld, Peter deilman or Croisi who do
own ships. I my opinion, Viking is the deal of all.