A case of a CO ripoff

Old November 24th, 2006, 03:32 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Reef Fish[_4_]

Default A case of a CO ripoff

I had been a Platinum member of CO for 7 consecutive years and had
posted numerous FACTUAL reports about how that program is superior
to other FF Programs in the USA, and had always been on CO's side
when others complained about various CO policies that were necessitated
for their own survival -- as all other airlines went into Chapter 7 and
worse
cases of bankrupcies.

I finally have FIRST HAND case which I can fairly say that it was a
RIPOFF
by CO.

There are many peripheral signs of CO's changed programs and policies
to bring in more survival dough.

Example: CO is promoting the SALE of FF miles at $35 per 1000 points.
The nominal value is only $20 per 1,000.

Example: In the same CO email promotion, it's pushing to sell FFM
certificates at $25 per 1,000.

My latest experience is entirely different kind that showed how far CO
went to raise extra bucks for itself no matter how badly it rips off
its
customers.

FACT: In April, I paid 120,000 CO FFMs for two Reward Travel
tickets for Business First from EWR to HKG on a roundtrip
from ATL (the free tickets were included).

FACT: CO could confirm only the EWR-HKG portion, and had me
wait-listed for ATL-EWR, while leaving out the return leg
EWR-ATL altogether, with the verbal assurance the the
One-Pass agent that when those seats (for standard
rewards)
are available, I would then be placed on a wait list for
COACH.

That was Rip Off Number 1. My flight was in November. The Reward
travel simply didn't have any "slot" for the EWR-ATL final
leg
(for First Class), but did not even have a confirmed leg
for
COACH when my reward travel 120,000 FFM was for
First Class on the entire roundtrip.

When I looked at the booking for the ATL-EWR leg (which has several
daily flights in the afternoon, all of which I can use), I could see
that
they were all nearly EMPTY, while I was locked out for any confirmed
seat.

No problem. Since the 120,000 FFM was mostly for the 16 hour
flights in CO's Business First, I didn't mind the wait list from
ATL-EWR
or even the non-existent ticket for the return leg. So, I purchased
two COACH tickets for EWR-ATL for Nov 21, as my own insurance,
that if CO does not clear that flight for me in First or coach, I would
merely lose $119 for each ticket. And if that leg is filled later, I
can
use the one-way cash-purchased ticket later (with 12 months)
paying some change fee.

It stood that way without any change for over 6 MONTHS. When it
came to TWO DAYS before my departure to HK, I inquired OnePass
about the EWR-ATL leg, and was told that it was still not open, but
I would be eligible for it (coach or First) whenever it is open.

On Nov 8, our flight from ATL-EWR was on COACH. The wait-list
for First never cleared. No big deal. But the reward-travel agent
did put us TWO separate wait lists on the return EWR-ATL leg:
7:15 pm flight wait-listed for First Class; 5:30 pm flight wait-listed
for Coach. If both failed to realize, then I would use my cash-paid
one-way tickets for the 7:15 pm EWR-ATL flight.

So, I was TRIPLE covered for that one single EWR-ATL leg.

Now comes to the REAL RIP-OFF.

On the DAY of our return from HKG, neither of the wait-listed
and pre-paid reward travel had cleared YET, and the agents in
Hong Kong were not able to check my luggage through to ATL
even though I told them I have a THIRD ticket available (if
needed). "No way, Jose" -- was the Hong Kong agent reply.

So, when we arrived EWR from Hong Kong, about 1:30 pm,
we had to claim our checked luggage and dragged it through
monorail to Terminal A to get out last leg ticketed.

It was then I told the ticketing agent the FULL STORY (or my
THREE tickets; two wait-listed and one cash paid for fall back).

The agent look at the record and said my 7:15 flight had been
cleared for First Class! I doubled checked with her about the
procedure for cancelling my 7:15 paid ticket and not get
confused by CO for cancelling my wait-listed flight that
became available.

On that final piece of good news, even though it meant we had
to wait about 4 hours at the airport for the 7:15 flight, we went
to the President's Club where I could catch up on my email of
the past two weeks and other matters I couldn't tend to while
we were in Hong Kong/Shanghai.

But when I DOUBLE-CHECKED with the CO agent at the
President's Club about the reservation codes for my unsused
cash-tickets for the 7:15 pm flight, she ascertained that the
front-counter agent had (made a mistake) and USED my
cash tickets which had been UPGRADED (on my Elite
status) to First Class, but the wait-listed First Class ticket
had not yet cleared.

By then, it was TOO LATE to do much about it. Since the
cash ticket, by the time I pay the change-fee for use at a
later date would leave me practically no cash value anyway,
I just took their mistake and all the hassle without further
complaint, until NOW that I think other CO fliers, who had
read my previous complimentary comments about CO and
defended CO numerous times on unjustified or unwarranted
attacks by others, should hear from me, about the CO RIPOFF
which I experience for the first time since 1999.

While I was at the President's Club going through my email,
I finally got a notice from CO (around 4 pm) that my wait-listed
coach ticket for 5:30 pm had cleared. Nothing about the
7:15 pm wait-listed flight because the front-counter agent
had already CANCELLED the wait-list and used my cash
ticket.

So, that was the bottom line. I had 6 months for CO to confirm
my return leg (just ONE leg) coach OR First, from EWR to ATL.
CO waited until 2 hours before flight time before notifying me
by EMAIL -- during my return itinerary -- that I normally would
not even receive the email unless I was actually waiting at the
President's Club, with the agent having used the WRONG
ticket!

To me, that was the sleezy tactic, and completely lack of
class act by CO, just to get the few extra buck off my cash
paid ticket while I was wait-listed for TWO different flights
(at any availability, coach OR First Class) that were already
PAID FOR, by my FFMs in the roundtrip Travel Reward
price of 120,000 FFMs for each ticket, roundtrip from ATL-
EWR-HKG.

I would have switched to another carrier on account of THIS
and a few other recent policy changes by CO -- unfortunately,
there isn't any other domestic carrier that is anywhere NEAR
CO's degraded services and increased ripoff prices.

So, I can only report the incident(s) for others who have better
alternatives, to NOT to rush to CO's One Pass Program if
they have (for location and other reasons) better carriers to
book their future travels.

-- Reef Fish Bob.

Old November 24th, 2006, 03:47 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Reef Fish[_4_]

Default Addendum: A case of a CO ripoff

Reef Fish wrote:
[...]

I should clarify here that I paid 120,000 FFM EACH for two Standard
Travel Reward roundtrip First Class tickets from ATL-HKG.

I was wait-listed for ATL-EWR for First; and with no-ticket for
EWR-ATL
because of the absence of seats assigned to the "standard reward"
for that itinerary. CO OnePass agent wanted 240,000 FFMs for
EACH of those confirmed First Class tickets (called EasyPass by
CO) just to cover the ATL-EWR portion -- of course I refused,
because I wasn't born "yesterday", 6 months ago. :-)

The EXTRA 240,000 FFMs would have been the equivalent of
$4,800 USD cach which I could have purchased two First Class
ONE-WAY ATL/EWR for lmuch ess! Which was why I paid
$119 each for the EWR/ATL coach just as insurance that I would
not be stranded at EWR the last minute without a ticket.

The clarification above should make my "ripoff story" more
factually accurate and complete as to WHY it was a ripoff.

It was already a RIPOFF even to suggest that I paid 240,000
EXTRA miles just to get two one-way legs between ATL and EWR.

Yes, we still have nearly a million CO miles to burn, accumulated
from the left over from out Platinum years of 75K+ miles flying
each year on CO.

But Continental is losing its CLASS and prestige as a domestic
airline FAST.

-- Reef Fish Bob.

Old November 24th, 2006, 08:13 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Gregory Morrow[_13_]

Default === Reef Fish Is CRYING...!!! (WAS: A case of a CO ripoff

Yup, here is the ODIOUS "Reef Fish" all a - crying with some cock - a -
mamie FISHY TALE about how big mean CO treated him...

AHAHAHAAAAAA...!!!

--
Best
Greg

oups.com...

Old November 24th, 2006, 09:42 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Runge

Default Beware of the morrow cretinus

Greggie morrow the sexually starved Bud Lite drinker seems to be stalking
all sorts of people in various NG.

"Gregory Morrow" gregorymorrowTheGoodTheBadAndTheLoafhead@earthlin k.net a
écrit dans le message de news:
et...
Yup, here is the ODIOUS "Reef Fish" all a - crying with some cock - a -
mamie FISHY TALE about how big mean CO treated him...

AHAHAHAAAAAA...!!!

--
Best
Greg

oups.com...

Old November 25th, 2006, 02:56 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Reef Fish[_4_]

Runge wrote:
Greggie morrow the sexually starved Bud Lite drinker seems to be stalking
all sorts of people in various NG.

Thanks Runge for point out the obvious fact.

A quick Google advanced search on author "Gregory Morrow" on Reef Fish
revealed that he had stalked me in 66 threads, in these newsgroups:

rec.travel.air
rec.travel.europe
rec.travel.cruises
rec.travel.caribbean
rec.scuba
rec.scuba.locations
rec.food.cooking
sci.stat.math

and probably many more in other newsgroups with his
other forged posting names.

That's Greg's LIFE: odoriferous trivial pursuit of well-known
newsgroup posters to get his 15-minutes of ill-repute. :-)

-- Reef Fish Bob.

"Gregory Morrow" gregorymorrowTheGoodTheBadAndTheLoafhead@earthlin k.net a
écrit dans le message de news:
et...
Yup, here is the ODIOUS "Reef Fish" all a - crying with some cock - a -
mamie FISHY TALE about how big mean CO treated him...

AHAHAHAAAAAA...!!!

--
Best
Greg

oups.com...

Old November 25th, 2006, 03:14 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Gregory Morrow[_1_]

"Eat me"...

--
Best
Greg

Reef Fish wrote:
Runge wrote:
[...]

oups.com...

Old November 25th, 2006, 06:16 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected][_1_]

On 24 Nov 2006 19:14:16 -0800, "Gregory Morrow"
wrote:

"Eat me"...

You wish.
Old November 25th, 2006, 07:35 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Runge

well, I happened to notice that guy hasn't much to do in his poor life

"Reef Fish" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...

Runge wrote:
[...]

oups.com...