cheap flights from south eastern US to Rome Italy?

Old May 11th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Tom Law

Default cheap flights from south eastern US to Rome Italy?

Hi, I am (a student) trying to find a cheap one way ticket (or maybe
two way but the time I am coming back is not definite) ticket from
Charlotte NC or Atlanta GA to Rome Italy some time in the second half
of August. The lowest I have been able to find was one way using
?studentuniverse.com? with $400+ one way $600+ roundtrip. I am not
the savviest of travelers and was wondering if anyone else knew of a
way to find cheaper flights? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I just bought tickets from Charlotte to Madrid off the flights.com
site, for way less than the airlines were quoting ($715 instead of
$1000 or so). Better than Priceline, even.
Old May 11th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Frank F. Matthews

I checked on their fares to Halifax for my trip next month and they come
out about the same as Continental and Air Canada. It's hard to tell
since the airlines quote prices with fees & they leave the fees off
until you are finalizing the flights. As always check many places. You
never know where you will save.