Why do people live in Florida?

Old September 15th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Gunner

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 15:18:31 GMT, "Frank F. Matthews"
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:43:01 GMT, "Frank F. Matthews"
wrote:

BiG Orange wrote:

This country is sick, and guess what, its been the Repuglicans that have
been in total charge for the last 4 years.

cocoanutzdude

Get real, we're suffering the after affects of gigolo Bill's 8 years.
Fortunately things are getting better.

Right! We go from a surplus and a shaken but viable economy to a
jobless disaster and things are getting better. The only thing getting
better is that there is a chance to get rid of shrub and his unmerry men.

What was Clintons best unemployment rate?
What was Clintons best GDP?

Gunner, baiting the bear trap.

Did Hoover manage to lose more jobs during the depression than shrub or
is shrub just in second place as a job destroyer?

Clinton did actually. Like FDR, Bush inherited someone elses problem.
Now what are todays unemployment figures?

Making the job market so bad that some people give up looking and
absorbing large numbers in a war helps the unemployment rate but doesn't
help the country.

Odd..seems that we are recovering quite well indeed.

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by
the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked
out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman
Liebmann
Old September 15th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Terry Gowan

wrote:

BiG Orange wrote:

[...]

What did Bush do to "destroy jobs" and "make the job market so bad?" Be
specific, please. Those are pretty strong accusations that require
specifics to take them out of the realm of political talking points and
bring them to the realm of reality.

Terry Gowan

Old September 15th, 2004, 11:32 PM
robbielynn

"Pete Platis" wrote in message link.net...
puzzled wrote in message
A massive hurricane seems to hit Florida every few years. I really don't
understand why people continue to live there. Don't they get tired of

having
to evacuate every summer, and having their houses destroyed? Someone

explain
this to me.

Well , hurricanes are one reason but Florida has a host of others to
stay away:

1. Cockroaches ......LOTS OF EM ( also known as "palmetto bugs" in order to
water down the icky factor, don't be fooled though, they are just larger
roaches......that fly........very well) and a plethora of other pests that
you WILL come into contact with on a personal level whether you want to or
not..........this includes scorpions and brown recluse spiders btw, both
poisonous.

2. Staggering humidity ( well not all of florida but anything south of the
tropical line is brutal)

3. Job market isn't so great.

4. There ain't no mountains, not a one!. There has basically GOT to be
something wrong with that. In fact , the highest point in the state is only
a measely *345* feet high!.

5. Swamps........hell most of the state is a swamp.

6. Highest percentage of over 80 year olds behind the wheel of a
car.......THAT can't be a good thing.

7. Alot of white trash, yeah I know that can be found in alot of states.
Just seems worse in Florida for some reason though.

8. Basically Florida has one or 2 seasons, depending on where you live in
the state. For a 4 season kinda guy like me , not a good thing.

9. Alligators coming into contact with people in or near their homes,
killing or maiming them and/or their pets. It's not a good thing. Been
happening more frequently too.

10. FLORIDIANS ARE VOTING-MACHINE CHALLENGED.

In case any of you are wondering, yeah I spent a couple of years in that
awful state.

Enjoy the remainder of your evening.

Agree on # 7...there are alot of trashy people in that state. I've worked
marketing campaigns there and visited friends there. It seems as if the
demographics are split 3 ways. The wealthy living in beautiful enclaves
such as Naples, Boca, Jupiter,Palm Beach to site a few. Then there is the large
group of nice middle class retirees who populate most of the state and then
there is the trash factor; scam artists, rough talking trades people, over-
aged beach hippies and the criminals who seem to gravitate to Florida.
Have you ever watched America's most wanted...the punks are always found
in Florida!
Old September 16th, 2004, 01:47 PM
BiG Orange

"eüphemism" wrote in message

Where the **** do YOU live Brian? It must be another planet. As for your
wee pal above... bitching about trailer trash while admitting that
America's Most Wanted is a weekly staple of your TV diet is a tad
hypocritical. Do you suppose he has every COPS episode on tape?

What's wrong with watching one of the longest running programs on TV? If you
had studied history, you would realize that a loophole was created that
allowed Castro to release cuban prisoners which ended up in Miami. Also,
lots of drugs are smuggled in there. DUH!

Old September 18th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Thumper

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 00:25:10 -0400, "cocoanutzdude"
wrote:

"BiG Orange" @ wrote in message ...
"cocoanutzdude" wrote in message
. ..
Drug companies that are making record profits and selling the same drugs
to Canadians & Europeans for 25% of what Americans have to pay for them ?
How

Are you working for CBS?

Tell me why a medicine I have to take, has gone from $ 46 a month to $ 86 a
month in just 3 years ? It can't be for developement as the Drug Companies
scream about, it is a medicine that has been on the market for a number of
years.

The real tragedy is the so-called "commercials" that Drug Companies are
promoting, costing millions of $ that should be used on this "supposed"
research but is doing nothing more than raising the costs of the medicine to
innocent consumers like myself.

Its greed and the ME ME ME attitude that this Administration, Congress & the
Drug Conglomerates have.

They should be ashamed of the **** they are pulling on the American public.

Every friday the one of the drug companies brings in a buffet lunch to
my doctor's office. He is ins partnership with a few other doctors so
they have 15-20 people in the office. This is all subsidized by the
government as a cost of doing business.
Thumper
To reply drop XYZ in address