Hoping to tour South Coast in 2007

Old July 13th, 2005, 05:00 PM
johnpw

Default Hoping to tour South Coast in 2007

My wife and I have been to newfoundland 2 times already, for our 10th
and 15th anniversaries, and we've always had a great time. The people
are fabulous.
We are starting to plan our next trip to Newfoundland for our 20th
anniversary and we would like to visit some of the outports along the
south coast. We plan to arrive by ferry to Port aux Basque and start
there for our adventure. Does anyone have any suggestions for which
outports we should visit? We know there is no single ferry/boat that
goes to all of the outports, but that it is a series of provincial
ferries. Also, any suggestions for accomodations and dining would be
great.
We are currently planning about 1 week for the outports and then
another 10 days or so to tour more of the island and to visit friends
we've made on previous trips.
Thanks in advance for any information.

Old July 13th, 2005, 05:29 PM
-TGP-

email me

axxerd @ gmail.com

http://www.vinlandphotography.com
http://www.nfsportsweekly.com
ups.com...

Old July 18th, 2005, 11:01 PM

johnpw wrote:
[...]

Sounds like you're experienced in Newfoundland and may not
need much advice.
If not, I'd urge you to see Gros Morne N Park; FABULOUS!!!
Western Brook Pond, Tablelands (where tectonic plates meet),
Broome ?? Historic Fishing Village...
Also L'Anse aux Meadows, the authentic Viking location:
various items which confirm the location, reconstruction of
a "house" as conjectured from archeological excavation.

Old July 19th, 2005, 03:59 PM
johnpw

Thanks for your advice. We've already visited Gros Morne, L'Anse aux
Meadows and other places. I'm looking for specific information on
visiting some of the outports along the South Coast of Newfoundland.