Is this newsgroup discuss Greece, too?

Old December 5th, 2003, 11:08 PM
RipVanWinkle

Default Is this newsgroup discuss Greece, too?

This group was so helpful in planning our trip to Italy last year. Now we'd
like some help planning a trip to Greece and possibly Turkey. Is there a
good newsgroup for that or can it be discussed here, too? Thanks.

Rip

Old December 5th, 2003, 11:24 PM
Padraig Breathnach

"RipVanWinkle" wrote:

This group was so helpful in planning our trip to Italy last year. Now we'd
like some help planning a trip to Greece and possibly Turkey. Is there a
good newsgroup for that or can it be discussed here, too? Thanks.

Last time I checked, Greece was in Europe, so you might take it that
it is on-topic here.

Not that I, personally, can help you much.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old December 5th, 2003, 11:31 PM
Mike @ www.lefkada-homes.com

"RipVanWinkle" wrote:

This group was so helpful in planning our trip to Italy last year. Now we'd
like some help planning a trip to Greece and possibly Turkey. Is there a
good newsgroup for that or can it be discussed here, too? Thanks.

How about 'alt.travel.greece' ?

--

Mike @ www.lefkada-homes.com
Old December 6th, 2003, 11:27 AM
a.spencer3

RipVanWinkle wrote in message
.net...
This group was so helpful in planning our trip to Italy last year. Now

we'd
like some help planning a trip to Greece and possibly Turkey. Is there a
good newsgroup for that or can it be discussed here, too? Thanks.

Rip

Happy to help with some areas of Greece and much of Turkey (including the
bit in Asia!).

Surreyman

Old December 6th, 2003, 11:52 AM
Dan Stephenson

In article ,
RipVanWinkle wrote:

This group was so helpful in planning our trip to Italy last year. Now we'd
like some help planning a trip to Greece and possibly Turkey. Is there a
good newsgroup for that or can it be discussed here, too? Thanks.

Rip

Sure it is. I guess much of Turkey is technically in Asia, but
highlight (Istanbul) is in Europe.

Forward your questions.

PS - Check out my Greece and Turkey photos through the link in my
signature for some ideas. Greece is AWESOME, especially if you like
history and ancient ruins. And Istanbul is amazing as well - it's a
week-long-visit city in my experience, along with Rome and London.

--
Dan Stephenson
Photos and movies from my 3-month European vacation and Wales 2003 at
Old December 6th, 2003, 07:55 PM
meauxna

Originally posted by Ripvanwinkle

This group was so helpful in planning our trip to Italy last year.
Now we'd

like some help planning a trip to Greece and possibly Turkey.
Is there a

good newsgroup for that or can it be discussed here, too? Thanks.

Rip

You might find Matt Barrett's greek pages useful.

Old December 6th, 2003, 11:08 PM
Ksu93dlv

This group was so helpful in planning our trip to Italy last year. Now we'd
like some help planning a trip to Greece and possibly Turkey. Is there a
good newsgroup for that or can it be discussed here, too? Thanks.

There is an alt.travel.greece newsgroup that I would recommend too. I used both
newsgroups to plan my trip to Greece and Turkey last June. In addition, the
following are by far the best web sites for travel to Greece and Turkey:

http://www.greecetravel.com/

http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/index.html

My wife and I went to Athens, Santorini, Naxos, and Istanbul, so I'd be happy
to help you with any questions about those destinations.
Old December 8th, 2003, 02:13 AM
st

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 23:08:49 GMT, "RipVanWinkle"
wrote:

This group was so helpful in planning our trip to Italy last year. Now we'd
like some help planning a trip to Greece and possibly Turkey. Is there a
good newsgroup for that or can it be discussed here, too? Thanks.

Rip

I've done a bit of time in Greece, would be more than happy to help
out with info on a few of the islands (Rhodes, Crete etc...)

Old December 8th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Stelios Zacharias

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 11:27:45 -0000, "a.spencer3"
wrote:

RipVanWinkle wrote in message
k.net...
This group was so helpful in planning our trip to Italy last year. Now

we'd
like some help planning a trip to Greece and possibly Turkey. Is there a
good newsgroup for that or can it be discussed here, too? Thanks.

Rip

Happy to help with some areas of Greece and much of Turkey (including the
bit in Asia!).

Bit??

Oh, the tiny teeny bit that's in Asia, as opposed to the 90% of
the land area that's in Asia...

Stelios
--

The address in the headers is real and does not need de-mungeing
Old January 6th, 2004, 01:16 AM
thetravelzine.com/zine.htm

Hallo Rip,

Check the Greece travelogues at http://www.thetravelzine.com and join
their discussion group - moderated, non-commercial, never any spam.

Bye, Joh

Is there a good newsgroup for that or can it be discussed here, too? Thanks.