Image study of Carnivale Cruise Lines

Old May 4th, 2006, 04:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Image study of Carnivale Cruise Lines

Sue, For my 20th cruise I'll be doing a back to back on Royal Caribbean.
Grandure of The Seas (I Think)?? Thats awful I should know that. It
will be on the tickets when they come We were booked on a back to back
on the new Crown Princess but changed our minds. First I hate San Juan
and second it was too port intensive for a relaxing vacation. 14 day
and 10 ports of call. NO WAY! I've done those before and came home
exhausted. It took days to recover. I'm one who enjoys more sea days
then port days. Port days are fun....just long and exhausting. I hate
to tender and I hate to wait on lines. I sound like an old man. Where
are you going for your 16th?

Old May 4th, 2006, 04:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

RICK DAVIS wrote:

Sue, For my 20th cruise I'll be doing a back to back on Royal Caribbean.
Grandure of The Seas (I Think)?? Thats awful I should know that. It
will be on the tickets when they come We were booked on a back to back
on the new Crown Princess but changed our minds. First I hate San Juan
and second it was too port intensive for a relaxing vacation. 14 day
and 10 ports of call. NO WAY! I've done those before and came home
exhausted. It took days to recover. I'm one who enjoys more sea days
then port days. Port days are fun....just long and exhausting. I hate
to tender and I hate to wait on lines. I sound like an old man. Where
are you going for your 16th?

Sorry you canceled your Crown Princess sailing, it sounds like it will
be a very intersting ship. We agree with you about very port intensive
cruises, we must have our days at sea to relax, that is what cruising
is all about.

Our 16th is the SGC2006 on the Crown Princess and at that time it is
sailing out of Red Hook. It is an easy drive for us, it is with
friends and Kevin and I have a history of sailing on the Crown
Princess.lol We sailed the old Crown Princess during its first season,
our 25th wedd. anniv. Then we sailed her again during her last season
and it was for our 30th anniv. Now we will be sailing the new Crown
Princess to celebrate our 40th anniv. This cruise was a must do for
many reasons.lol

sue
Old May 4th, 2006, 04:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"RICK DAVIS" wrote
Sue, For my 20th cruise I'll be doing a back to back on Royal Caribbean.
Grandure of The Seas (I Think)?? Thats awful I should know that.

I'm betting you are doing a back-to-back on the Enchantment of the Seas.

Just a guess, mind you. vbg

--
George Leppla http://www.countryside-travel.com

Cruise Specials BLOG http://www.countryside-travel.com/3834677_6105.htm
October 29, 2006 - SLEAZY 4! http://cruisemaster.com/sleazy4.htm
February 10, 2007 - Valentine's Group - http://cruisemaster.com/grandeur.htm

Old May 4th, 2006, 05:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

George Leppla wrote:
"RICK DAVIS" wrote

Sue, For my 20th cruise I'll be doing a back to back on Royal Caribbean.
Grandure of The Seas (I Think)?? Thats awful I should know that.

I'm betting you are doing a back-to-back on the Enchantment of the Seas.

Just a guess, mind you. vbg

Thanks George.lol Now I wonder how you happen to know which ship Rick
is sailing on(VBG)!!

sue
Old May 4th, 2006, 05:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

George, I'm glad somebody is looking out for me. I need it, Thank You.
I knew it was one of those --- of The Seas ships. Am I getting too
complacent lately? I just don't seem to care what the ship is just so
long as I'm on one.

80 degrees in NY today. Just a small taste of Ft. Lauderdale in two
weeks....I can smell the Hawaiian Tropic Lotion now.

Old May 5th, 2006, 12:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

wrote:
Hi everyone,

My name is Miranda and I'm an MBA student at the University of New
Hampshire. I am conducting an image study for Carnivale Cruise Lines
and I was hoping to get some of your thoughts on Carnivale. I am also
wondering what criteria and factors go into your choosing a cruise
line/ship. Please share your oppinions.

Thank you so much,

Miranda

Dear Peanut Miranda:

First, don't worry about the spelling fumbles. No biggy. No one has
mentioned this, unless I didn't notice: the absolute first thing I have
to know/have is that the outside staterooms HAVE to have balconies.
All the newer ships do, but I'm not going on an oldie if it doesn't.
Carnival is fun, but I'm well aware now that the staff is soooooo
under-enthused. RCCL and Princess I found to be really accommodating,
and most importantly, polite. I'd go on Carnival again, of course, but
it is my last choice over RCCL and Princess. Norwegian stinks.
This is what I want in a cruise: Non-Hurricane season. Balcony.
Polite staff/service (not always hand in hand). Non-hurricane season
(yup, twice). Price. Destinations. bigger ship is better. Food
(Carnival has the best lobster, but that's the only thing I find them
"best" at) [RCCL has wonderful dining] That's about it. Most
importantly, congratulations on your pursuit of your MBA!
- Peanut David

Old May 5th, 2006, 02:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Image study of Carnival Cruise Lines

"RICK DAVIS" wrote in message

Carnival offers alot of eye candy. Flashing lights, glitzy decorations
that kind of stuff.

I find Carnival interiors closer to "hideous" than "eye candy".

To me, the rich apointments of Celebrity are eye candy.

After you cruise a few times you not always in the
mood for glitz and "in your face" party atmosphere. You don't want to
hear the song "Hot, Hot, Hot" 12 times a day every day for 7 days.
Thats where the other lines come into play. While the other lines are
more conservative (eligant without being boring) they tend to do a
better job in the service area.
Royal Caribbean in my opinion is one of those lines who exceeds in
service.

I find Royal Caribbean service almost as poor as Carnival service. If you
think Royal Caribbean excels at service... no wonder we disagree so often.

Would I sail Carnival again....You bet I will. Great value
for the product they offer.

I wouldn't go on Carnival even if it was for free. I simply don't like the
product they offer.

--Tom

Old May 5th, 2006, 02:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"RICK DAVIS" wrote in message
The original poster didn't ask about nicer cruise lines. Because we
all know it can be said there are worse cruise lines than Carnival also.

Like which ones?

Premier? Commodore? Regal?

I think just about all the cruise lines that I might have rated worse than
Carnival are now out of business.

The question was what factors and criteria go into your choosing a
cruise line/ship. Its amazing how people go to the effort to respond to
a post but don't answer the question. Instead they just post a negative
comment to be mean.....or appear superior.

Actually... instead of just throwing stones... maybe you should re-read what
the original post asked for.

HERE'S exactly what the original poster wrote. I quote"

"I am conducting an image study for Carnivale Cruise Lines
and I was hoping to get some of your thoughts on Carnivale."

The sentence after that, then asked for criteria and factors.

--Tom