Pied-a-terre in Rome

Old June 18th, 2009, 04:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Sara Li

Default Pied-a-terre in Rome

I would like to rent an apartment in Rome for use as a pied-a-terre. I
plan to use it for one person beginning in September and my use will be
about two weeks every six to eight weeks. I Googled for apartments in
Rome but all I get are short term rentals for tourists. Can anyone
recommend a good English speaking broker in Rome who can help?

My main preference is near any metro stop; a studio apartment, a sublet
or even a shared arrangement with someone who has an extra bedroom would
be fine. I will only leave a small amount of clothes and toiletries
there between visits. Thanks!
Old June 18th, 2009, 06:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
trallala[_2_]

renting one week for tourists is often as costly as renting 1 month a flat
for locals

consider to rent for a longer period

Old June 18th, 2009, 06:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Sara Li

trallala wrote:
renting one week for tourists is often as costly as renting 1 month a flat
for locals

consider to rent for a longer period

"sara li" a écrit dans le message de news:
I would like to rent an apartment in Rome for use as a pied-a-terre. I plan
to use it for one person beginning in September and my use will be about
two weeks every six to eight weeks. I Googled for apartments in Rome but
all I get are short term rentals for tourists. Can anyone recommend a good
English speaking broker in Rome who can help?

My main preference is near any metro stop; a studio apartment, a sublet or
even a shared arrangement with someone who has an extra bedroom would be
fine. I will only leave a small amount of clothes and toiletries there
between visits. Thanks!

I will be coming for two weeks EVERY 6 to 8 weeks so, yes, the term will
be long, at least 9 months to a year. After the end of the lease I will
probably buy an apartment but first I must learn about the city to
choose my favorite location to live.
Old June 19th, 2009, 08:19 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
nightjar

"sara li" wrote in message
I would like to rent an apartment in Rome for use as a pied-a-terre. I plan
to use it for one person beginning in September and my use will be about
two weeks every six to eight weeks. I Googled for apartments in Rome but
all I get are short term rentals for tourists. Can anyone recommend a good
English speaking broker in Rome who can help?

My main preference is near any metro stop; a studio apartment, a sublet or
even a shared arrangement with someone who has an extra bedroom would be
fine. I will only leave a small amount of clothes and toiletries there
between visits. Thanks!

My experiences of buying a property in France are that the best way is to
visit the place you are interested in and walk around the estate agents,
seeing what they have to offer. I wouldn't even try online were I buying
again.

Colin Bignell