Skybus Airlines shuts down Today

Old April 5th, 2008, 01:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Skybus Airlines shuts down Today

Skybus Airlines will cease all operations effective Saturday, April 5.
Skybus struggled to overcome the combination of rising jet fuel costs
and a slowing economic environment. These two issues proved to be
insurmountable for a new carrier.

We deeply regret the impact this decision will have on our employees
and their families, customers, vendors, suppliers, airport officials
and others in the cities in which we have operated. Our financial
condition is such that our Board of Directors felt it had no choice
but to cease operations.

Passengers holding reservations for Skybus flights scheduled to depart
on or after Saturday, April 5, 2008 should contact their credit card
companies to arrange to apply for a refund. More information for
customers and others will be made available on the Skybus web site
(www.skybus.com) as it becomes available.

All flights for Friday, April 4 will be completed. Passengers holding
reservations on flights for Friday, April 4 should check in for their
flight at a Skybus kiosk at the airport instead of the Skybus
website.
Old April 5th, 2008, 09:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

So far several airlines have gone belly up,between that and having them
cancel so many flights by grounding the planes,it is pretty hard to make
arrangments for a cruise,you never know if you are going to make it to
the ship.

cruise lover

Old April 5th, 2008, 11:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosaly Z. Greenberger[_2_]

Surfer E2468 wrote:
So far several airlines have gone belly up,between that and having them
cancel so many flights by grounding the planes,it is pretty hard to make
arrangments for a cruise,you never know if you are going to make it to
the ship.

cruise lover

In this case, I am glad I let Royal Coribbean make my air arrangements
even though they are awful, because they will be responsible for me
getting to the ship. rosaly

Old April 6th, 2008, 01:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gregory C. Read[_3_]

"Rosaly Z. Greenberger" wrote in message
In this case, I am glad I let Royal Coribbean make my air arrangements
even though they are awful, because they will be responsible for me
getting to the ship. rosaly

Not really. They are not responsible for you getting to the ship at all.
If the airline they chose goes belly up the day you leave, you may have to
kiss your cruise good bye. The cruise lines only act as an agent to the
airline and they are not responsible for the airline's action.

--
Greg

Old April 6th, 2008, 02:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"Gregory C. Read" wrote in message
"Rosaly Z. Greenberger" wrote in message
In this case, I am glad I let Royal Coribbean make my air arrangements
even though they are awful, because they will be responsible for me
getting to the ship. rosaly

Not really. They are not responsible for you getting to the ship at all.
If the airline they chose goes belly up the day you leave, you may have to
kiss your cruise good bye. The cruise lines only act as an agent to the
airline and they are not responsible for the airline's action.

Exactly correct. Here is the appropriate section of the passenger contract
for Royal Caribbean.

5. All arrangements made for or by Passenger for air transportation, shore
excursions, ground tours, ground transportation, hotels, restaurants and
other similar activities or services are made solely for Passenger's
convenience and are at Passenger's risk. The providers of such services are
independent contractors and are not acting as agents or representatives of
Carrier.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/conten...Not_For_BR.pdf

Yes, there are cases where a ship is held for a short time if a group of
people are arriving late on the same plane, but that has a lot to do with
the local dock unions and whether or not the ship is allowed by the port to
stay later than he scheduled time.

The cruise line will help you re-schedule a missed or cancelled flight, but
the ultimate responsibility to get you to the ship lies with the airline,
not the cruise line. If any travel agent or cruise line rep tells you the
cruise line will take full responsibility for getting you to the ship in
case of flight problems, get it in writing.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

May 12, 2008 - 5 nt New Orleans http://www.cruisemaster.com/fantasy.htm
October 26, 2008 Sleazy 5 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy5.htm
Feb. 8, 2009 Solstice Valentine http://www.cruisemaster.com/solstice.htm

Old April 6th, 2008, 09:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Beth Peace

George Leppla wrote:
[...]

We booked a cruise while on an RCI ship last summer, and they pushed cruise
air with a sign outlining costs in case of delayed flights. I can't
remember the numbers, but basically the signage indicated that if there was
a problem with flights booked through RCI, you would not incur extra
expenses for hotels and catch up flights, whereas if you booked flights on
your own to save money, you would.

So now I'm trying to find back up for what was posted on the ship.

Old April 7th, 2008, 12:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gregory C. Read[_3_]

"Beth Peace" wrote in message
m...
The cruise line will help you re-schedule a missed or cancelled
flight, but the ultimate responsibility to get you to the ship lies
with the airline, not the cruise line. If any travel agent or cruise
line rep tells you the cruise line will take full responsibility for
getting you to the ship in case of flight problems, get it in writing.

We booked a cruise while on an RCI ship last summer, and they pushed
cruise air with a sign outlining costs in case of delayed flights. I
can't remember the numbers, but basically the signage indicated that if
there was a problem with flights booked through RCI, you would not incur
extra expenses for hotels and catch up flights, whereas if you booked
flights on your own to save money, you would.

So now I'm trying to find back up for what was posted on the ship.

Are you sure it didn't also expect you to buy their insurance?

--
Greg

Old April 7th, 2008, 02:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 18:04:41 -0400, Rosaly Z. Greenberger wrote:

In this case, I am glad I let Royal Coribbean make my air arrangements
even though they are awful, because they will be responsible for me
getting to the ship. rosaly

Who wants to give her the bad news, not me, I'll get called a troll. LOL
--
Charles of RTC said: "Like my smoker co-worker who has not worked for
three