Left Wing silent as Bush victory in Iraq proceeds

Old February 1st, 2009, 05:32 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Left Wing silent as Bush victory in Iraq proceeds

On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 07:14:05 -0600, Mitchell Holman
wrote:

First we had stay until the WMDs could be found
Then we had to stay until an interim government was in place
Then we had to stay until Saddam was captured
Then we had to stay until a government could be elected
Then we had to stay until a constitution could be voted on
Then we had to stay until parlimentary elections could be held
Then we had to stay until Iraqi units would "stand up"
Then we had to stay to give Iraqs government "breathing room"
Then we had to stay so Iraq could meet it's "benchmarks".
Then we had to stay until "the Surge" could be tried.
And now we are staying until.......?

we get all the oil out of their ground that we want.
The reason we are there in the first place.
Old February 1st, 2009, 05:56 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Wild Wild West

"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message
First we had stay until the WMDs could be found
Then we had to stay until an interim government was in place
Then we had to stay until Saddam was captured
Then we had to stay until a government could be elected
Then we had to stay until a constitution could be voted on
Then we had to stay until parlimentary elections could be held
Then we had to stay until Iraqi units would "stand up"
Then we had to stay to give Iraqs government "breathing room"
Then we had to stay so Iraq could meet it's "benchmarks".
Then we had to stay until "the Surge" could be tried.
And now we are staying until.......?

....the can blame the mismanaged mess on Obama.

Old February 1st, 2009, 06:32 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Mitchell Holman wrote:
"PJ O'Donovan" wrote in news:66ed01fe-edad-44a2-b502-
:

Government allies see gains in Iraqi elections

Feb 1, 6:51 AM (ET)

BAGHDAD (AP) - Allies of Iraq's U.S.-backed prime minister appeared
Sunday to have made gains in the provincial elections, rewarding
groups credited with reining in insurgents and militias...

"...US President Barack Obama has praised the polls as an ‘important
step forward’ for Iraq's future....."

Victorious armies go home, at least the greater part
of them. Not one brigade has been withdrawn from Iraq,
despite all the Bush blather about "victory". Why not?

First we had stay until the WMDs could be found
Then we had to stay until an interim government was in place
Then we had to stay until Saddam was captured
Then we had to stay until a government could be elected
Then we had to stay until a constitution could be voted on
Then we had to stay until parlimentary elections could be held
Then we had to stay until Iraqi units would "stand up"
Then we had to stay to give Iraqs government "breathing room"
Then we had to stay so Iraq could meet it's "benchmarks".
Then we had to stay until "the Surge" could be tried.
And now we are staying until.......?

Perhaps until an orderly withdrawal can be arranged? One that does not
make things in that country even worse than they already are, thanks to
our former president's self-righteous bull-headedness? (Give Obama a
chance, for God's sake - he's been in office for less than two weeks!)
Old February 1st, 2009, 06:34 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Wild Wild West wrote:
"PJ O'Donovan" wrote in message

Iraq holds peaceful election, Obama, U.N. applaud ::
1 hour ago

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraqis held their most peaceful election since the
fall of Saddam Hussein on Saturday, voting for provincial councils
without a single major attack in a poll that demonstrated the
country's dramatic security gains

There were 10 people killed in 2 incidents. Would you call that peaceful
had one of the dead been your Mother?

If she were where she shouldn't have been at the time, yes.
Old February 1st, 2009, 06:41 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Krudd the Dud

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 01:45:47 +1000, "Sir Kevin Rudd"
wrote:

BAGHDAD (AP) - Allies of Iraq's U.S.-backed prime minister appeared
Sunday to have made gains in the provincial elections, rewarding

groups credited with reining in insurgents and militias...

What a ****head, counting hasn't even started yet.

Why have an election if you don't know the results? ;-)
Old February 1st, 2009, 06:54 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Mitchell Holman

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
:

Mitchell Holman wrote:
[...]

The Conservative Double Standard:

Bush has no fault in 9/11 security lapses because he
had been in office for "only" 8 months at the time,
but Obama is personally responsible for every national
problem the day after he took office.

Old February 1st, 2009, 07:10 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Donna Evleth[_1_]

From: "PJ O'Donovan"
Newsgroups:
alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.po litics,re
c.travel.europe
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 05:05:10 -0800 (PST)

Government allies see gains in Iraqi elections*

Feb 1, 6:51 AM (ET)

BAGHDAD (AP) - Allies of Iraq's U.S.-backed prime minister appeared
Sunday to have made gains in the provincial elections, rewarding
groups credited with reining in insurgents and militias...

I truly hope this trend continues. It would be terrible if it did not,
given the time, human lives and money that we invested in this venture.

Donna Evleth

"...US President Barack Obama has praised the polls as an Śimportant
step forwardą for Iraq's future....."

Old February 1st, 2009, 07:23 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
John Rennie

wrote:

First we had stay until the WMDs could be found
Then we had to stay until an interim government was in place
Then we had to stay until Saddam was captured
Then we had to stay until a government could be elected
Then we had to stay until a constitution could be voted on
Then we had to stay until parlimentary elections could be held
Then we had to stay until Iraqi units would "stand up"
Then we had to stay to give Iraqs government "breathing room"
Then we had to stay so Iraq could meet it's "benchmarks".
Then we had to stay until "the Surge" could be tried.
And now we are staying until.......?

we get all the oil out of their ground that we want.
The reason we are there in the first place.

And now it ain't worth the getting. Perfect really.

Old February 1st, 2009, 08:32 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
PatTX[_2_]

::
:: The Conservative Double Standard:
::
:: Bush has no fault in 9/11 security lapses because he
:: had been in office for "only" 8 months at the time,
:: but Obama is personally responsible for every national
:: problem the day after he took office.
Mitchell Holman

Did you forget the part about "he kept us safe"? I guess that doesn't
include 9/11 or the thousands of Americans killed since then---it only
applies to people inside the U.S., excepting the anthrax attacks, of course.

Oh, and don't forget the "President Clinton said back in 1999 that Iraq had
W.M.D.s, so he's just as reponsible as Bush." Except, that leaves out the
succeeding years, where, evidently, NOTHING changed in Iraq between 1999 and
2001, including intellligence reports....

In Texas, we call it "crawfishing" and Bush is a master at it.

Pat

Old February 1st, 2009, 08:38 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
olde.sault

On Feb 1, 5:14*am, Mitchell Holman wrote:
[...]

And now we are staying until.......?- Hide quoted text -

"Staying" while still needed (apparently)

OS