Getting to Manchester airport early

Old April 25th, 2009, 09:45 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
William Black

Default Getting to Manchester airport early

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 01:26:11 -0500, Mark Brader wrote:

"Aaron":
Personally, if I was in the OPs shoes, I think I'd be looking to book a
hotel in Manchester, rather than Liverpool, the night before. At least
that way if there are any logistical problems getting across to
Manchester, they'll occur with plenty of time still in hand to rectify
them.

I had the same thought, but I looked up the train times and realized it
was impossible. Remember that his concert is on a Sunday. After the
11:01 pm train, which he couldn't possibly catch, there isn't another
one to Manchester until 3:38 am.

The last time I went to Manchester airport for an early flight I took a
long distance taxi the night before, stayed at the Travel Lodge and got
their early shuttle bus to the airport.

--
William Black
Old June 21st, 2009, 09:36 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Mark Brader

Shawn Hirn:
FYI: I am the original poster. ... I ended up just taking a taxi
because I had three pieces of luggage and ... I hurt my foot ...

And so much for everyone's advice! Grin

Thanks for reporting back.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Those who cannot Google the past are destined to