Washington / Oregon roadtrip

Old February 28th, 2004, 01:35 PM
uk_2_usa

Default Washington / Oregon roadtrip

Hi,

We are planning a trip from the UK to Washington/Oregon this summer. I
have a few questions.

Can anybody suggest the best place to stay in the Columbia River Gorge
for a few nights to use as a base to see the area ?

Does anybody know where Twin Peaks was filmed ?

Is Roslyn (Northern Exposure) worth a visit ?

We would like to tour the Boeing factory. The web site says you should
book places ahead of time (but they would because they charge more).
Does anybody know how full the tours are in mid August ?

Thanks

UK

http://www.uk-2-usa.com
Old February 28th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Henk

"uk_2_usa" schreef in bericht
m...
Hi,

We are planning a trip from the UK to Washington/Oregon this summer. I
have a few questions.

Can anybody suggest the best place to stay in the Columbia River Gorge
for a few nights to use as a base to see the area ?

Does anybody know where Twin Peaks was filmed ?

Is Roslyn (Northern Exposure) worth a visit ?

We would like to tour the Boeing factory. The web site says you should
book places ahead of time (but they would because they charge more).
Does anybody know how full the tours are in mid August ?

Be there before 08.00 it fills up very fast.
Last year we where, the end of June at 10.00 sharp and it was full till
15.00.
But we had some luck, because a partie of two didn't show up and could
attent
the tour of 11.00 or something like that.

Henk
Netherlands

For other questions remove (*****!*?) for
reply.

Thanks

UK

http://www.uk-2-usa.com

Old February 28th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Patty Winter

In article ,
Dan Olson wrote:
(uk_2_usa) writes:

Wasn't some of that filmed in North Bend, WA? N Bend is along highway
I90 on west side of Cascades. Near by N Bend is Snoqualmie Falls
which can be pretty neat to look at.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0098936/locations

I was actually driving from Issaquah to Woodinville once and thought
about going out to Roslyn, but was expected for dinner at a friend's
in Woodinville and didn't have time for a detour. As I was driving
through some small town at one point, I noticed stores selling "Twin
Peaks" t-shirts but didn't think anything of it at the time. I also
drove past a pretty lodge on the edge of a river. The fact that the
river suddenly disappeared from sight should have tipped me off that
there was a waterfall there. :-)

Anyway, when I got to my friends' house, I mentioned the pretty
drive and they said, "Oh, that's where 'Twin Peaks' was filmed."
You can tell how much I watched the show. ;-) It is a pretty area.
I imagine that Roslyn would be, too. And btw, so is Issaquah.

Patty

Old February 29th, 2004, 12:40 AM
robert stephens

uk_2_usa wrote:

Can anybody suggest the best place to stay in the Columbia River Gorge
for a few nights to use as a base to see the area ?

Any particular part of the gorge? Near Portland? Farther east?

Thanks

UK

http://www.uk-2-usa.com

Old February 29th, 2004, 01:28 AM

uk_2_usa wrote:
Hi,

We are planning a trip from the UK to Washington/Oregon this summer. I
have a few questions.

Can anybody suggest the best place to stay in the Columbia River Gorge
for a few nights to use as a base to see the area ?

Does anybody know where Twin Peaks was filmed ?

Is Roslyn (Northern Exposure) worth a visit ?

Twin Peaks was filmed in and around North Bend, WA, as noted elsewhere.
But my recollection is that the famous "cherry pie" cafe burned down
within the past couple of years. It may have been rebuilt, though. And
Snoqualmie Falls is well worth seeing.

Roslyn is just about 80 miles east of Seattle off I-90. If you enjoyed
Northern Exposure it is well worth seeing. The Brick tavern is a
historic landmark and looks just as it did in the series (though the
interiors were filmed on a soundstage in Redmond.) The famous "Moose"
mural is still there, and much of the main street (Pennsylvania Avenue)
looks just as it did on the show. Several of the shops sell NX-related
souvenirs, as well.

Old February 29th, 2004, 03:32 AM
Dan Olson

(Patty Winter) writes:

In article ,
Dan Olson wrote:
(uk_2_usa) writes:

Wasn't some of that filmed in North Bend, WA? N Bend is along highway
I90 on west side of Cascades. Near by N Bend is Snoqualmie Falls
which can be pretty neat to look at.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0098936/locations

I checked out the above link and see that "Harry and the Hendersons"
was also filmed in North Bend. That's a movie I've got to see again...
Old February 29th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Dennis P. Harris

On 28 Feb 2004 05:35:20 -0800 in rec.travel.usa-canada,
(uk_2_usa) wrote:

Does anybody know where Twin Peaks was filmed ?

Snoqualmie, Washington.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...7uZnxepA%3d%3d

Old February 29th, 2004, 07:02 AM
Patty Winter

In article ,
Dennis P. Harris wrote:

it was snoqualmie falls lodge, a very pricey resort that's
popular for honeymoons & anniversaries.

Right, now Salish Lodge.

Patty