Hong Kong Hops?

Old April 3rd, 2004, 09:36 PM
Super Taint

Default Hong Kong Hops?

Never been. Was wondering where else cool and significant you could go from
Hong Kong on a plane in less than a 2 hour flight. (Not the Philippines
though)
Thanks!

ST

Old April 3rd, 2004, 09:54 PM
Spehro Pefhany

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 12:36:57 -0800, the renowned "Super Taint"
wrote:

Never been. Was wondering where else cool and significant you could go from
Hong Kong on a plane in less than a 2 hour flight. (Not the Philippines
though)
Thanks!

China is kinda cool and significant. I dunno, pull out an atlas and
draw a 1000 or whatever mile radius from HK.. Cambodia, Vietnam.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Old April 3rd, 2004, 11:32 PM
Super Taint

wrote:

Never been. Was wondering where else cool and significant you could go

from
Hong Kong on a plane in less than a 2 hour flight. (Not the Philippines
though)
Thanks!

China is kinda cool and significant. I dunno, pull out an atlas and
draw a 1000 or whatever mile radius from HK.. Cambodia, Vietnam.

I shoulda said, "Where in China?" Mainland is right there but I don't know
anything about it. If you could do one thing in China for a coupla days,
what would it be? Big country, I know. Therein lies the dilemma.

ST

Old April 4th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Iceman

"Super Taint" wrote in message ...
Never been. Was wondering where else cool and significant you could go from
Hong Kong on a plane in less than a 2 hour flight. (Not the Philippines
though)
Thanks!

Bangkok
Hanoi
Luang Prabang - not sure if there are direct flights
Siem Reap (Angkor Wat) - not sure if there are direct flights
Old April 4th, 2004, 08:40 PM
DaveOnHols

I recommend flying to Ha Noi in Vietnam. From there it is easy to
organise a trip, maybe for a few days, to Ha Long Bay. It really is
an amazing place to visit. You can see pictures that I took whilst in
Ha Long Bay at my website:

http://daveonhols.gopages.net/vietnam.htm?23

Hope you have a great time.
DaveOnHols
Old April 9th, 2004, 10:43 PM
PTRAVEL

wrote:

Never been. Was wondering where else cool and significant you could go

from
Hong Kong on a plane in less than a 2 hour flight. (Not the Philippines
though)
Thanks!

China is kinda cool and significant. I dunno, pull out an atlas and
draw a 1000 or whatever mile radius from HK.. Cambodia, Vietnam.

I shoulda said, "Where in China?" Mainland is right there but I don't know
anything about it. If you could do one thing in China for a coupla days,
what would it be? Big country, I know. Therein lies the dilemma.

It depends on what time of year you're going and what you like to do.
Guilin is a beautiful area within your 2 hour range of Hong Kong.

ST