Getting a visa in Philippines

Old April 12th, 2004, 02:15 AM
zebu

Default Getting a visa in Philippines

The Philippines provide 21 day tourist visas on arrival, provided the
traveller has proof of an onward booking.

When I arrive there on my Qantas flight, though, I will have no "proof" as I
am flying on an eticket. Presumably everybody else on the plane will be in
the same position (I nearly wrote "boat"!) so there must be some way around
this problem.

Can anyone tell me how it works, or what provisions I may need to make to
smooth my way through?

Old April 12th, 2004, 02:39 AM
-------------

Hello Zebu

If you are really worried, arrange a 59 day visa before you leave. I think
it is about $60 aud. However, I have entered the Philippines many times and
nobody has ever loooked at my ticket, e ticket or otherwise.

I also have flown Qantas previously using an e ticket and am just about to
go and arrange another extension of my tourist visa. Send me an email
privately if you want to the discuss the visa process from an Australian
point of view.

Regards: Jim Sibbick

Old April 12th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Chris Blunt

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:15:35 +1000, "zebu"
wrote:

The Philippines provide 21 day tourist visas on arrival, provided the
traveller has proof of an onward booking.

When I arrive there on my Qantas flight, though, I will have no "proof" as I
am flying on an eticket. Presumably everybody else on the plane will be in
the same position (I nearly wrote "boat"!) so there must be some way around
this problem.

Can anyone tell me how it works, or what provisions I may need to make to
smooth my way through?

They never ask to see your ticket on arrival, and instead rely on the
airline checking that you have that when you check-in, so it shouldn't
be a problem.

Be warned that you should take a printout of your return itinerary or
some other documentation that shows your return flight details. The
reason for this is that you'll need to show your passport and ticket
to get inside the departure terminal building when you come to leave.
If you have an e-ticket they will accept a printed itinerary instead.

Chris