Katie Couric storms cockpit, freaks out fellow air passengers

Old July 29th, 2006, 06:18 PM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.arts.tv,rec.travel.air,misc.consumers,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
MikeC

Default Katie Couric storms cockpit, freaks out fellow air passengers

"freak air show" wrote in message
http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm

KATIE PULLS STRINGS IN COCKPIT
By RICHARD JOHNSON with PAULA FROELICH, CHRIS WILSON and BILL HOFFMANN

July 29, 2006 -- KATIE Couric had fellow passengers aboard a New
York-bound jet on the warpath this week when, as their plane was about
to taxi to the runway, she got out of her seat and begged the pilot to
allow one of her late-arriving producers to board.

"It was like, 'Who the hell does she think she is?' " fumed one
passenger who observed Couric's diva-like antics. "If you or I
attempted something like this, we'd be cooling our heels at
Guantanamo."

High-powered public relations experts use phrases like "It was like"???

The witness told Page Six that attendants on Wednesday's 6:30 p.m.
Delta Shuttle flight out of Washington, D.C., had already closed the
door and passengers were buckled in, when the soon-to-be CBS News
anchor raced up the aisle with a cellphone to her ear and told an
attendant she had to speak to the pilot right away. Couric was then
allowed into the cockpit and convinced the pilot to delay the flight
and reopen the door for her producer, Nicola Hewitt.

I don't see problem with this. She asked the flight attendant and was
allowed to speak with the captain. She didn't "storm the cockpit".

"One flight attendant rolled her eyes and told me, 'This is only the
second time I've ever seen this happen - the other time was a sick
passenger,' " the witness said.

A spokesman for Couric confirmed the perky newsgal intervened, but
insisted, "Katie only spoke to the pilot after receiving permission
from the flight attendant." He said Hewitt had been delayed from
getting on the shuttle behind Couric because of an extended security
check. Then, trying to put a positive spin on the tale of Couric's
chutzpah, the flack added that another late passenger who was also
about to be stranded was also able to make the flight.

Now that other passenger is a Couric fan for life!

Delta spokesman Anthony Black said Couric got no special treatment.
"The airlines get unusual situations that happen every day, and the
crew is trained to make decisions on a case-by-case basis," he said.

Black added that when Couric made her request, the pilot determined
that favorable tailwinds would not delay the hourlong flight - and
even with the brief delay taking off, the flight arrived at La Guardia
10 minutes ahead of schedule.

Still, our witness - a high-powered public-relations executive who
rides the shuttle regularly - said he and fellow passengers were not
impressed at the behavior of TV's top news personality, who got a
whopping $60 million contract to jump from NBC's "Today" show to CBS.

"Using your celebrity in the post-9/11 age to stop a flight is
diabolical," he raged.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/diabolical

1.. Of, concerning, or characteristic of the devil; satanic.
2.. Appropriate to a devil, especially in degree of wickedness or cruelty.

LOL. A little perspective. Jeez.

Old July 30th, 2006, 12:20 AM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.arts.tv,rec.travel.air,misc.consumers,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Bigolhomo

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 17:18:36 GMT, "MikeC"
wrote:

"freak air show" wrote in message
http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm

KATIE PULLS STRINGS IN COCKPIT
By RICHARD JOHNSON with PAULA FROELICH, CHRIS WILSON and BILL HOFFMANN

July 29, 2006 -- KATIE Couric had fellow passengers aboard a New
York-bound jet on the warpath this week when, as their plane was about
to taxi to the runway, she got out of her seat and begged the pilot to
allow one of her late-arriving producers to board.

"It was like, 'Who the hell does she think she is?' " fumed one
passenger who observed Couric's diva-like antics. "If you or I
attempted something like this, we'd be cooling our heels at
Guantanamo."

High-powered public relations experts use phrases like "It was like"???

No, but fellow passengers apparently do.

--

Bigolhomo
Old July 30th, 2006, 12:32 AM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.arts.tv,rec.travel.air,misc.consumers,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
MikeC

wrote:

"freak air show" wrote in message
news:upumc2prn0rlhr43vrs5i02upm47d398nk@news.. .
http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm

KATIE PULLS STRINGS IN COCKPIT
By RICHARD JOHNSON with PAULA FROELICH, CHRIS WILSON and BILL HOFFMANN

July 29, 2006 -- KATIE Couric had fellow passengers aboard a New
York-bound jet on the warpath this week when, as their plane was about
to taxi to the runway, she got out of her seat and begged the pilot to
allow one of her late-arriving producers to board.

"It was like, 'Who the hell does she think she is?' " fumed one
passenger who observed Couric's diva-like antics. "If you or I
attempted something like this, we'd be cooling our heels at
Guantanamo."

High-powered public relations experts use phrases like "It was like"???

No, but fellow passengers apparently do.

Read the article again, that's how they described the person they talked to,
and what they quoted that person as saying.

Old July 30th, 2006, 02:16 PM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.arts.tv,rec.travel.air,misc.consumers,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
stonej

wrote:

"freak air show" wrote in message
http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm

KATIE PULLS STRINGS IN COCKPIT
By RICHARD JOHNSON with PAULA FROELICH, CHRIS WILSON and BILL HOFFMANN

July 29, 2006 -- KATIE Couric had fellow passengers aboard a New
York-bound jet on the warpath this week when, as their plane was about
to taxi to the runway, she got out of her seat and begged the pilot to
allow one of her late-arriving producers to board.

"It was like, 'Who the hell does she think she is?' " fumed one
passenger who observed Couric's diva-like antics. "If you or I
attempted something like this, we'd be cooling our heels at
Guantanamo."

High-powered public relations experts use phrases like "It was like"???

No, but fellow passengers apparently do.

--

Let them eat cake, or better yet regular airline food.

Bigolhomo