unsubscrib advice wanted please

Old December 22nd, 2007, 11:18 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
John in Cornwall

Default unsubscrib advice wanted please

I not a member of this group any longer - I was briefly a member but
then changed my mind and unsubscribed - I dont want to be a member of
this group thank you !!
I have tried unsubscribing from this group - without sucess - because
every day I get a not saying there are new postings

Can someone from the group please tell me how to stop these unwanted
Emails.

Thank
John in Cornwall
Old December 22nd, 2007, 11:29 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
grusl[_2_]

"John in Cornwall" wrote in message
I not a member of this group any longer - I was briefly a member but
then changed my mind and unsubscribed - I dont want to be a member of
this group thank you !!
I have tried unsubscribing from this group - without sucess - because
every day I get a not saying there are new postings

Can someone from the group please tell me how to stop these unwanted
Emails.

Again, what are you using to subscribe? A Newsreader or Google Groups?

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old December 22nd, 2007, 11:45 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
John in Cornwall

On 22 Dec, 11:29, "grusl" wrote:
"John in Cornwall" wrote in ...

I not a member of this group any longer - I was briefly a member but
then changed my mind and unsubscribed *- I dont want to be a member of
this group thank you !!
I have tried unsubscribing from this group - without sucess - because
every day I get a not saying there are new postings

Can someone from the group please tell me how to stop these unwanted
Emails.

Again, what are you using to subscribe? A Newsreader or Google Groups?

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

George
I,m not sure - I have unsubscribed from rec.travel.Africa as a google
group - but I am still able to post messages from the group...
How do I check to see if I have subscribed to a newsreader group ?
Thanks for trying to help me

John
Old December 22nd, 2007, 11:59 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
grusl[_2_]

"John in Cornwall" wrote in message
On 22 Dec, 11:29, "grusl" wrote:
"John in Cornwall" wrote in

I not a member of this group any longer - I was briefly a member but
then changed my mind and unsubscribed - I dont want to be a member of
this group thank you !!
I have tried unsubscribing from this group - without sucess - because
every day I get a not saying there are new postings
Can someone from the group please tell me how to stop these unwanted
Emails.

Again, what are you using to subscribe? A Newsreader or Google Groups?

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

I,m not sure - I have unsubscribed from rec.travel.Africa as a google
group - but I am still able to post messages from the group...
How do I check to see if I have subscribed to a newsreader group ?
Thanks for trying to help me

Unfortunately I can't use a newsreader program - no NNTP servers in India -
so I use either Google Groups or Motzarella via Outlook Express. I'm not
sure how you access Usenet (newsgroups) so you'll probably need to get some
advice from someone local who has access to Usenet and perhaps uses the same
ISP as you do.

rec.travel.africa is a thinly trafficked group, so posting requests here
probably isn't going to solve your problem. It's an unmoderated group, too.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old December 22nd, 2007, 12:09 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
John in Cornwall

On Dec 22, 11:59 am, "grusl" wrote:
"John in Cornwall" wrote in ...
On 22 Dec, 11:29, "grusl" wrote:

"John in Cornwall" wrote in

[...]

Well George
Here is what I did so far ...
I went to the goole search box and typed in rec.travel.africa - and up
came their web page and there was a box there that you could enterin
your Email address and get unsubscribed .
I filled in the details and got a "Canned" reply saying you are
unsubscribed -
Well I will now have to wait until tomorrow to see if I have been
succesfull

Thanks George in Bangalore - do you do Skype ?
My shype name is JohnHurkett and I,m in the UK - it would be good to
chat with you.
Thanks for your kind offer of help.
John
Old December 23rd, 2007, 01:17 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
the_niner_nation

Unfortunately I can't use a newsreader program - no NNTP servers in
India - so I use either Google Groups or Motzarella via Outlook Express.
I'm not sure how you access Usenet (newsgroups) so you'll probably need to
get some advice from someone local who has access to Usenet and perhaps
uses the same ISP as you do.

rec.travel.africa is a thinly trafficked group, so posting requests here
probably isn't going to solve your problem. It's an unmoderated group,
too.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

It's a shame that this NG has such thin traffic flow..Africa for me is
almost becoming an addiction, but I was born in Kenya and long to return
again soon :-)

I'm also visiting India in March for a whole month..can't wait :-)

Old December 23rd, 2007, 05:53 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
grusl[_2_]

"the_niner_nation" wrote in message
.. .

Unfortunately I can't use a newsreader program - no NNTP servers in
India - so I use either Google Groups or Motzarella via Outlook Express.
I'm not sure how you access Usenet (newsgroups) so you'll probably need
to get some advice from someone local who has access to Usenet and
perhaps uses the same ISP as you do.

rec.travel.africa is a thinly trafficked group, so posting requests here
probably isn't going to solve your problem. It's an unmoderated group,
too.

It's a shame that this NG has such thin traffic flow..Africa for me is
almost becoming an addiction, but I was born in Kenya and long to return
again soon :-)

I'm also visiting India in March for a whole month..can't wait :-)

I'd like to my debut in Africa sometime next year: Leaning towards either a
southern trip to Botswana, Cape Town and Zanzibar. Or possibly a northern
apporach: Cairo, Marrakech and maybe Asmara if it hasn't blown up. My Middle
East work and interests create a convenient hub for India-Africa travel.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old December 23rd, 2007, 12:09 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
the_niner_nation

"grusl" wrote in message

[...]

smiles..im one of those by-products of the good old colonial era..Kenyan
born of Indian heritage, now living in Britain,but the thought of moving
back to Kenya or even India is bcoming more attractive by rhe day.

Old December 23rd, 2007, 06:37 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
grusl[_2_]

"the_niner_nation" wrote in message
.. .

smiles..im one of those by-products of the good old colonial era..Kenyan
born of Indian heritage, now living in Britain,but the thought of moving
back to Kenya or even India is bcoming more attractive by rhe day.

Well, the colonial heritage had its good and bad points. Good luck in your
decision. Both Kenya and India are looking positive at the moment but I
think India is more of a long term success though the competition will be
stronger here.

My next-door neighbour is a Burundian of Indian origin. Boy, does she have
issues with her parents' migration decision!

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old December 26th, 2007, 11:37 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
sandy58

On Dec 22, 11:18 am, John in Cornwall
wrote:
I not a member of this group any longer - I was briefly a member but
then changed my mind and unsubscribed - I dont want to be a member of
this group thank you !!
I have tried unsubscribing from this group - without sucess - because
every day I get a not saying there are new postings

Can someone from the group please tell me how to stop these unwanted
Emails.

Thank
John in Cornwall

John in Bodmin Moor, there is one helluva lot you don't like.
You "Dont like Thunder bird much" You severly slagged old "kkaiser1"
on uk.people.silversurfers & on the same group you moaded about "Some
folks paid £750 to watch the "BIG Fight" between Amir Khan and Graham
Earl... and it was all over in a matter of 70 odd seconds.."
Then the "Help with the Alan Titchmarsh thinggyy" gripe??
I hope you got your hip replacement...."I am going into the Nuffield
Hospital in Plymouth on the 12th November for my Hip replacement
operation. "I,m Trying to put a brave face on it -"
but you ain't "putting a brave face on NOW!!!!!! Best thing YOU can do
is...eject all trace of your Apple Mac with the rest of the Christmas
debris. Then, regardless of how many moans, groans and just crappy
niggles you conjure up, you will have absolutely NO way of passing
them on to the likes of US!!!
Happy "Mahogany"
from Scotland, John the Gripe!! :-)