Air associated with one-way Alaska cruise

Old May 12th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Mason Barge

Default Air associated with one-way Alaska cruise

On Tue, 11 May 2004 19:07:32 GMT, "Mike Cordelli"
wrote:

Most of the websites that price airfares call it multiple cities.

While it may be an open jaw routing, you won't find that anyplace when you
are searching for fares. You will find it as multiple city.

Multiple cities is a broader term. "Open jaw" refers to a specific
kind of flight: depart from and return to the same city, with a
non-flight segment shorter than either of the flights. It can be
subject to a much-reduced fare. I think it's nice to know the term,
since it's a specific term used by the airlines in coding fares.
There are also special fares for circle and stopover itineraries, to
name two.

Multiple cities in online search engines is just anything other than a
round trip.
Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln
Old May 12th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Mike Cordelli

Call it what you and the other want to call it, the fact is that the
original poster won't find it on any of the sites he's looking at called
anything other then a Multiple City routing.

An open jaw, by the way, does not have to start and end in the same city. I
can fly from LA to New York and Back to San Francisco and it's an open jaw,
just as if I flew from New York to LA then San Francisco back to New York.

And multiple cities is not anything other then a round trip, since everybody
is getting so specific. One Ways are not round trips, and they are not
multiple cities, they are one ways.

Old May 12th, 2004, 03:55 PM
RTCReferee

Since I was on an Alaska RR cruise train chartered by HAL, I saw no Princess
cars, and did not look for them. I would have noticed a Princess logo,
though, you can be sure.

Subject: Air associated with one-way Alaska cruise
From: Ray Goldenberg
Date: Tue, May 11, 2004 7:02 PM
On 12 May 2004 01:24:42 GMT,
ando (RTCReferee)
wrote:

My reference is me. I was there, as I explained in my prior post. :-)

Hi,

I am curious. Did you not see the special Princess cars?

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Old May 13th, 2004, 12:16 AM
Cal Ford

You are both right. In the travel business it has been refered to as "Open Jaw"
as long as there have been commercial flights I think. When the Internet Travel
Sites started out the WEB Designers did not think it proper to use slang so they
decided to call it something more people would understand. Same thing, different
names.

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises

In article , Dick Goldhaber
says...

From: "Mike Cordelli"

Call it what you and the other want to call it, the fact is that the
original poster won't find it on any of the sites he's looking at called
anything other then a Multiple City routing.

Again, Mike, I am not nit-picking. We hoard US Airways frequent flyer miles,
and in 2001 we booked a Canal cruise which had us flying from Philadelphia to
San Francisco and then home from Fort Lauderdale.

US Airways introduced us to the term "open jaw" and that is how we refer to it.
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ