moving our cats cross country

Old April 11th, 2004, 12:35 AM

Default moving our cats cross country

ttt

Old April 11th, 2004, 09:27 AM
alohacyberian

wrote in message
ttt

Can't you say "ttt" and "good luck" in the same post? KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old April 14th, 2004, 02:45 AM
Laura R.

circa Fri, 09 Apr 2004 18:15:38 -0400, in rec.pets.cats, Christopher
) said,
On-the-run-johnny,
Let me get this straight. Your plan is to quit your job, sell your car, buy
a bus with your girlfriend and three other friends, take a month or two to
end up in the Bay Area, then stay for just a couple of years?
Un****ingbelievable! In my opinion the best thing you can do is put your
cats up for adoption before you leave as you're *way* too big a flake to
handle the solemn responsibility that comes with pet ownership.

What's wrong with doing this?
Early settlers had the same idea. Sold everything off, headed west
with cattle, horses and dogs and I'm sure a couple of cats might have
made the trip as well. Some came to live, others to make a quick buck
off of gold and then depart.
Nothing wrong with being a free spirit!

Yes, but real estate in the Bay Area was a lot cheaper then. ;-)

Laura
--
I am Dyslexia of Borg,
Your ass will be laminated.
Old April 14th, 2004, 02:47 AM
Laura R.

circa 8 Apr 2004 14:41:50 -0700, in rec.pets.cats, Tracy (twrl2001
@yahoo.com) said,
As for transporting the cats, the only humane way to do it is for
three people to go back to Pittsburgh and fly the cats in the seat
section with you.

Should this option be pursued, be aware that most airlines only allow
a single cat in the passenger cabin per flight.

Laura
--
I am Dyslexia of Borg,
Your ass will be laminated.
Old April 14th, 2004, 02:51 AM
Laura R.

circa Thu, 08 Apr 2004 21:26:22 -0400, in rec.pets.cats, Christopher
) said,
One cat meowed for about 1/2 out of the city and for about 1/2 after
each motel.

1/2 what? Hour? Day? Week?

Laura
--
I am Dyslexia of Borg,
Your ass will be laminated.
Old April 14th, 2004, 02:52 AM
Laura R.

circa Fri, 09 Apr 2004 18:16:50 -0400, in rec.pets.cats, Christopher
) said,

Maybe you're right. The cats could come in handy when John is panhandling
in SF after he gets tired of stirring through dumpsters for rotting scraps
of food.

Geez, so pessimistic.

Ever lived in the Bay Area? It is not cheap.

Laura
--
I am Dyslexia of Borg,
Your ass will be laminated.
Old April 14th, 2004, 02:52 AM
Laura R.

circa Sat, 10 Apr 2004 03:32:52 GMT, in rec.pets.cats, Professor
) said,
The Bay Area
economy has been particularly hard hit, yet rents are more than double what
they are in Pittsburgh.

Waaay more than double.

Laura
--
I am Dyslexia of Borg,
Your ass will be laminated.
Old April 14th, 2004, 02:53 AM
Laura R.

circa Sat, 10 Apr 2004 03:01:32 GMT, in rec.pets.cats, bob (rstein6
@cfl.rr.com) said,

1 suggestion: don't take up in the bay area without a good 6 fig bank acct
minimum, as starters..a good mfg'd home in s.f. costs about double what a
5BR 4 BA home in pittsburgh goes for..i used to live there til i realized
what a ripoff it was (and btw, the weather there is NOT like south calif).

Friends of mine got a 5,500 square foot home in Denver for what a
1,000 square foot home in SF cost them.

Laura
--
I am Dyslexia of Borg,
Your ass will be laminated.
Old May 10th, 2004, 07:13 AM
LaurieBarak

Auntie Em, your post cracked me up! We have 3 cats and we're moving from
Ohio to Arizona. One of them will sit in the crate and look p!ssed off,
one will probably cry most of the way and the other one will stand on my
lap and put his paws on the steering wheel. This is what they do when we
take them to the vet so I'm hoping it's similar to what it will be like
when we have to move them so far in the car. There are many posts here
that have been helpful, educational and amusing. Thanks everyone!