Hilton Waikoloa Village Hawaii?

Old February 19th, 2004, 01:02 AM
Daniel Barton

Default Hilton Waikoloa Village Hawaii?

Anybody have any suggestions for getting a good rate at
the Hilton Waikoloa Village in Hawaii? So far the cheapest
I've seen from Hilton is $199 a night for their basic room.

Thanks, Daniel

| |
Old February 20th, 2004, 02:52 AM
alohacyberian

"Daniel Barton" wrote in message
Anybody have any suggestions for getting a good rate at
the Hilton Waikoloa Village in Hawaii? So far the cheapest
I've seen from Hilton is $199 a night for their basic room.

That's about as good as it gets unless you live in Hawaii and have Hawaii
I.D. - even then that's a good rate for that hotel. But, it's well worth it.
You are invited to visit my Big Island of Hawaii webpage at:
http://keith.martin.home.att.net/page9B.html - KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old February 21st, 2004, 12:33 AM
Stefan Patric

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 05:02 pm, Daniel Barton wrote:

Anybody have any suggestions for getting a good rate at
the Hilton Waikoloa Village in Hawaii? So far the cheapest
I've seen from Hilton is $199 a night for their basic room.

$199 sounds like their standard charge. Try the discount hotel and
travel sites for better prices:

www.hotels.com
www.orbitz.com
www.priceline.com
www.travelocity.com
www.hotwire.com
www.expedia.com

A simple Yahoo search will get you dozens more. Or take a look at this
tour travel site: www.pleasantholidays.com Great prices!

--
Stefan Patric

Old February 21st, 2004, 08:22 AM
alohacyberian

"Stefan Patric" wrote in message
On Wednesday 18 February 2004 05:02 pm, Daniel Barton wrote:

Anybody have any suggestions for getting a good rate at
the Hilton Waikoloa Village in Hawaii? So far the cheapest
I've seen from Hilton is $199 a night for their basic room.

$199 sounds like their standard charge. Try the discount hotel and
travel sites for better prices:

I think their standard charge is more like $260.00. KM

Old February 21st, 2004, 04:53 PM
brenda

"alohacyberian" wrote in message ...
"Stefan Patric" wrote in message
On Wednesday 18 February 2004 05:02 pm, Daniel Barton wrote:

Anybody have any suggestions for getting a good rate at
the Hilton Waikoloa Village in Hawaii? So far the cheapest
I've seen from Hilton is $199 a night for their basic room.

$199 sounds like their standard charge. Try the discount hotel and
travel sites for better prices:

I think their standard charge is more like $260.00. KM

and that's still for a pretty lousy dated room with a dinky bathroom,
shower/tub combo, miles away from the lobby...
Old February 21st, 2004, 06:15 PM
alohacyberian

"brenda" wrote in message
om...
"alohacyberian" wrote in message

"Stefan Patric" wrote in message
On Wednesday 18 February 2004 05:02 pm, Daniel Barton wrote:

Anybody have any suggestions for getting a good rate at
the Hilton Waikoloa Village in Hawaii? So far the cheapest
I've seen from Hilton is $199 a night for their basic room.

$199 sounds like their standard charge. Try the discount hotel and
travel sites for better prices:

I think their standard charge is more like $260.00. KM

and that's still for a pretty lousy dated room with a dinky bathroom,
shower/tub combo, miles away from the lobby...

Different strokes for different folks - I like it better than any hotel on
the Big Island, then again I don't care about the distance to the lobby and
would put the size of the bathroom on the bottom of the priority list. KM

Old February 23rd, 2004, 07:57 PM
bbrr

we just returned from waikoloa yesterday.
it is a great area, but all upscale.
to my knowledge there is no discount
lodging there.

if you need more than one room, consider
renting a condo. it is more than the cost of
a single room at the hilton, but way less than
two rooms. and you save quite a bit on food
by using the kitchen.

be advised that there is currently some
construction going on between the outrigger
hotel and the vista waikoloa condos
creating substantial bulldozer noise during
weekdays. I don't believe you can hear it from
the hilton, however.

Old February 24th, 2004, 01:12 AM
Stefan Patric

On Monday 23 February 2004 11:57 am, bbrr wrote:

we just returned from waikoloa yesterday.
it is a great area, but all upscale.
to my knowledge there is no discount
lodging there.
[snip]

Incorrect. If you book through a tour company, your lodging (and
airfare) are less than the normal published rates. You can also
sometimes get additional discounts if you're a member of some
organization like AARP or AAA or over 55 or are a government civil
servant, etc. Last June, a friend of mine, who is an air traffic
controller (US civil servant), took his wife, two children and himself
to Hawaii staying at the Hilton Waikoloa. Booking the trip online
using the various discounts available to him (air miles, work, union,
etc.), he saved about 50 to 60% overall over individual published
rates. Plus, he was able to get a very nice 2 room suite for less than
a standard room, which I think normally goes for $250/day. Quite a
deal.

Old February 24th, 2004, 06:19 AM
alohacyberian

There are other condos available for vacation rentals just south of
Kailua-Kona on Alii Drive. You are invited to visit my Big Island of Hawaii