Young Frankenstein on Broadway Running Time

Old January 26th, 2008, 10:57 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Ray[_2_]

Default Young Frankenstein on Broadway Running Time

My wife and I will be seeing a Saturday matinee next month. We're trying to
coordinate our train back to Philly, so I'd like to ask if anyone knows how
long the show is.

I saw one website that says 2 hours, 40 minutes with intermission. It does
not say if that time includes the intermission. Then I saw another site
that says 2 hours, 30 minutes (includes 1 intermission).

The show starts at 2:00 and we're hoping to catch a 5:15 train. If we get
out of the play at 4:30, we can make it. If we get out of there past 4:45,
we'd be pushing it.

Thanks!!!

--

Ray

Remove NO and SPAM to reply

Old January 26th, 2008, 11:17 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 22:57:58 GMT, "Ray"
wrote:

My wife and I will be seeing a Saturday matinee next month. We're trying to
coordinate our train back to Philly, so I'd like to ask if anyone knows how
long the show is.

I saw one website that says 2 hours, 40 minutes with intermission. It does
not say if that time includes the intermission. Then I saw another site
that says 2 hours, 30 minutes (includes 1 intermission).

The show starts at 2:00 and we're hoping to catch a 5:15 train. If we get
out of the play at 4:30, we can make it. If we get out of there past 4:45,
we'd be pushing it.

While a stage manager usually tries to achieve a constant running
time, day in and day out, there are no guarantees. If ten minutes
makes a difference to your travel, I'd say ya pays yer money and
ya takes yer chances.

Old January 27th, 2008, 01:29 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rog'

"Ray" wrote:
The show starts at 2:00 and we're hoping to catch a 5:15 train.
If we get out of the play at 4:30, we can make it. If we get out
of there past 4:45, we'd be pushing it.

-------------------
Broadway.com says 2 hours and 45 minutes, with one intermission,
but even so...
1. Are you counting the time it will take for you to exit the theatre?
Unless you are standing by a door when the curtain drops, you may
find yourself stuck in the crowd, adding 15-20 minutes to your time.

2. Also, how quickly will you find the track your train will leave on?
If you have to study the departure board, you'll need more time.

Sure, you could make it, but you'll be looking your watch though
much of the last act, anxious and winded by the time you get to the
station. It will ruin your enjoyment of the show, and your wife will
not be less than impressed (by that's for another newsgroup). For
the sake of your sanity (and marriage), slow down and relax a little.

Old January 27th, 2008, 03:17 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Jan 26, 2:57*pm, "Ray" wrote:
My wife and I will be seeing a Saturday matinee next month. *We're trying to
coordinate our train back to Philly, so I'd like to ask if anyone knows how
long the show is.

I saw one website that says 2 hours, 40 minutes with intermission. *It does
not say if that time includes the intermission. *Then I saw another site
that says 2 hours, 30 minutes (includes 1 intermission).

The show starts at 2:00 and we're hoping to catch a 5:15 train. *If we get
out of the play at 4:30, we can make it. *If we get out of there past 4:45,
we'd be pushing it.

Thanks!!!

--

Ray

Remove NO and SPAM to reply

Take a later train and stop stressing out. Otherwise you'd be sitting
there looking at your watch and not enjoying the show.
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:37 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
BrianK

On 1/26/2008 5:57 PM Ray did the "neutron dance", then made these
writings:
My wife and I will be seeing a Saturday matinee next month. We're trying to
coordinate our train back to Philly, so I'd like to ask if anyone knows how
long the show is.

I saw one website that says 2 hours, 40 minutes with intermission. It does
not say if that time includes the intermission. Then I saw another site
that says 2 hours, 30 minutes (includes 1 intermission).

The show starts at 2:00 and we're hoping to catch a 5:15 train. If we get
out of the play at 4:30, we can make it. If we get out of there past 4:45,
we'd be pushing it.

Thanks!!!

When is the last train to Philly? Maybe you could catch a later train,
and enjoy dinner or desert & coffee somewhere in NYC? I can understand
rushing to catch a train while commuting to work or to catch a meeting.
This is supposed to be fun? Why introduce stress making into a night on
the town?

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old January 27th, 2008, 11:36 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
J. Clarke[_2_]

PeterL wrote:
On Jan 26, 2:57 pm, "Ray" wrote:
[...]

Just a comment but the 5:17 is 43 bucks a person, the next train is
the Acela for 108, then 74, 74, and 95. It's not until 7:15 that the
next 43 buck fare is available.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Old January 27th, 2008, 02:55 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rog'

"J. Clarke" wrote:
Just a comment but the 5:17 is 43 bucks a person,
the next train is the Acela for 108, then 74, 74, and 95.
It's not until 7:15 that the next 43 buck fare is available.

With the money saved by not taking the Acela, they could
have dinner in city, like at Carmine's, and catch the 7:15.

Old January 29th, 2008, 03:54 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Ray[_2_]

no you're not pushing it, get a cab and you'll get to the station in
10 minutes

I agree that we can make it to the station in 10 minutes via cab. I'm more
concerned about finding the location of our train, since we are not real
familiar with Penn Station.

We might just give ourselves a safety cushion and take the 6:05 train, even
though it costs a little more.

Thanks to everyone.

wrote:

My wife and I will be seeing a Saturday matinee next month. We're trying
coordinate our train back to Philly, so I'd like to ask if anyone knows
how
long the show is.

I saw one website that says 2 hours, 40 minutes with intermission. It
does
not say if that time includes the intermission. Then I saw another site
that says 2 hours, 30 minutes (includes 1 intermission).

The show starts at 2:00 and we're hoping to catch a 5:15 train. If we get
out of the play at 4:30, we can make it. If we get out of there past
4:45,
we'd be pushing it.

Thanks!!!

no you're not pushing it, get a cab and you'll get to the station in
10 minutes
Never argue with an idiot.
They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.