The Aussies Getting Too Much Sun??

Old January 25th, 2008, 09:08 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

Default The Aussies Getting Too Much Sun??

Australia issues Canadian travel warning
Jan 25, 2008 10:06 AM
THE CANADIAN PRESS

Australians taking the advice of their government's "Smart Traveller"
web site will likely be steering clear of Canada.

That website, which is run by Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs
and Trade, has Canada listed as a country where travellers should
"exercise caution," which is the second-safest category.

Apparently our problems stem from the threat of terrorism, heavy snow,
ice and forest fires that can erupt "at any time."

British Columbia, in particular, was singled out as being in an active
earthquake zone and "subject to avalanches" along with Alberta.

Countries listed on the Smart Traveller website that are considered
safer than Canada include Chile, South Korea and Latvia.

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/297431

At least we don't have to - Slip. Slop. Slap. LOL!!!!

--
===========================
Sawyer Nicknames

Seinfeld Trivia, Lists, and Scripts
http://seinfeld.xtreemhost.com/
===========================
Old January 26th, 2008, 01:28 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.australian
JohnBuchan

Perhaps they read about Edmonton canada being the MURDER CAPITAL OF CANADA
according to Statistics Canada?

Edmonton Canada Police Admit More Brutal Than Ever!

In major news stories last week, media in Edmonton Canada
are reporting what the police themselves are admitting in
police reports -
THEY ARE NOW EVEN MORE BRUTAL THAN IN PAST YEARS IN
ASSAULTING INNOCENT CIVILIANS!!

All of this happening after Toronto dumped its' unwanted
deputy chief on Edmonton as Edmonton's new chief cop!!

It makes the rednecks in Georgia look like girlie scouts.

CFRN-TV carried the story on Wednesday 18 June 2007 in both major
newscasts.
The Edmonton Sun has a banner headline on pages 4 and 5 covering
the 2 stories about the rogue cops!!

From their own admissions, in the 2006 Use of Force Review from
the police,the gestapo-like police are admitting that use of bodily
force is up 128% over last year!

Use of guns is up 65% - cops admitted to using their guns 377 times
last year, compared to only 177 incidents in 2005 - especially when
shooting people in the back, or stomach.

Use of physical force they admit is up 128%, which they state
included:
hand-stuns,knee and elbow strikes, punching, and kicking.
All this from the thugs in the local gestapo!

Use of batons is almost double, at an increase of 94%.

Not included is the use of tasers.

At the same time, media are reporting that chief Boyd has finally
decided to charge Mike Wasalyshen, son of the former police chief,
with charges relating to illegal torture of an innocent native person.
Even a judge had ruled that the crooked cop was committing torture!!
The son of the former chief of police is now facing 3 charges of
criminal assault,plus another 2 for uttering threats.

And to add even more fuel to the fire about how unsafe Edmonton
Canada really is - Statistics Canada reports that the homicide/murder
rate in Edmonton is still more than double the rate for Canada's
largest city of Toronto!!

Paying $175,000 to a BS firm in Toronto will not be changing the
perception around the world, that Edmonton canada has Gestapo-like
thugs as the local cops!!

Or, was it the diseased fags that are causing concern in Australia, and
elsewhere in the world?

Edmonton Syphilis Outbreak Prompts Awareness Campaign = Fags=AIDS Spreaders

The co-relationship between disgusting AIDS-spreading
fags, and other STD is even documented by reputable
medical authorities, such as:

On Apr 27, 9:51 am, "The Right One" wrote:
A study to be published in the upcoming June edition of the
American Journal of Public Health has researchers alarmed
about growing rates of syphilis among homosexual and bisexual men.

The epidemic of such diseases in Edmonton is directly due to the
fact that the city is world-renowned for all the AIDS-spreading
fags, and druggies.

One more reason for tourists to avoid STABmonton!!

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:15:21 GMT, "Chom Noamsky" wrote:

Growing concern about Edmonton's syphilis outbreak has prompted
the province to launch an awareness campaign about the sexually
transmitted infection.

Dr. Ameeta Singh, an infectious diseases medical consultant
with Alberta Health and Wellness, said there were a staggering
200-plus reported syphilis infections in Edmonton last year -
a 40% jump compared to 2005.

"We know with the boom people have more expendable income...
what that results in is more use of alcohol and drugs and
more risky sexual behaviour," she said Friday.

"That's really unacceptable for a developed country," she said.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Albe...3/4012606.html

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:08:13 -0500, "TheNewsGuy(Mike)"
wrote:

Australia issues Canadian travel warning
Jan 25, 2008 10:06 AM
THE CANADIAN PRESS

Australians taking the advice of their government's "Smart Traveller"
web site will likely be steering clear of Canada.

That website, which is run by Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs
and Trade, has Canada listed as a country where travellers should
"exercise caution," which is the second-safest category.

Apparently our problems stem from the threat of terrorism, heavy snow,
ice and forest fires that can erupt "at any time."

British Columbia, in particular, was singled out as being in an active
earthquake zone and "subject to avalanches" along with Alberta.

Countries listed on the Smart Traveller website that are considered
safer than Canada include Chile, South Korea and Latvia.

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/297431
================================================= ================

At least we don't have to - Slip. Slop. Slap. LOL!!!!

Old January 26th, 2008, 07:44 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Gerrit

"TheNewsGuy(Mike)" wrote in message
Australia issues Canadian travel warning

snip

At least we don't have to - Slip. Slop. Slap. LOL!!!!

Maybe not but your Foreign Affairs and International Trade has this on their
website:

"Violent crime in Australia is low. However, foreigners are targets for
pickpockets and purse snatchers, especially at airports. Vehicle break-ins
are common. All travellers should exercise caution in the more popular
tourist areas (e.g., St. Kilda in Melbourne; Kings Cross, downtown George
Street, Darling Harbour, Bondi Beach and the Rocks areas in Sydney; Cairns
and the Gold Coast in Queensland). Hitchhiking should be avoided at all
times, and women should not travel alone after dark.

"Demonstrations and public protests, which may turn violent, should be
avoided.

"Attacks on backpackers have occurred. Travellers, especially backpackers,
should ensure that their personal belongings are secure, particularly in
crowded places. Robberies of safe-deposit facilities are common at
inexpensive hotels and hostels.

"Travellers should be particularly cautious at bars or clubs. Never accept
food or drinks from strangers and do not leave food or drinks unattended.
Cases of drugging followed by robbery and assault have occurred. The
emergency number for police, ambulance, and fire services is 000.

"Many regions in the interior of Australia are remote, with small
populations and few services. Overland travellers may have limited access to
telephones and other facilities. Flash floods and bushfires occur in many
parts of the country. News reports should be monitored carefully. For more
information, see the pamphlet entitled Safety Tips for Visitors to Australia
published by Tourism Queensland.

"When swimming on public beaches always obey the lifeguards and swim between
the designated flags."

It seems to me that all these government departments are covering their
backsides. :-)

Old January 26th, 2008, 01:33 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

Gerrit wrote:
..
It seems to me that all these government departments are covering their
backsides. :-)

Yep.

--
===========================

Old January 27th, 2008, 08:23 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
BrianK

On 1/26/2008 8:33 AM TheNewsGuy(Mike) did the "neutron dance", then
made these writings:
Gerrit wrote:
..
It seems to me that all these government departments are covering
their backsides. :-)

Yep.

Olivia Newton-John is pure Aussie Sunshine. Maybe she can be convinced
to visit Portland, OR Now there's a place that can use a little "too
much sunshine". :-)

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old January 28th, 2008, 06:12 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alan Pollock

sechumlib wrote:

That's all pretty laughable, in my opinion. We live in the US and have
visited various parts of Canada, both warm and cold weather. No
"terrorism, heavy snow, ice and forest fires" that we could see.

Somebody with no sense of humor would say that. Nex
Old January 28th, 2008, 09:54 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
MI

On 1/28/08 10:12 AM, in article , "Alan
Pollock" wrote:

sechumlib wrote:

That's all pretty laughable, in my opinion. We live in the US and have
visited various parts of Canada, both warm and cold weather. No
"terrorism, heavy snow, ice and forest fires" that we could see.

Somebody with no sense of humor would say that. Nex

I agree. Except this has put out as gospel. In fact the other day the
Australian ambassador defended it saying that 2 Australians had died in an
avalanche. The fact they were out of bounds apparently didn't matter. What I
found particularly amusing was comments on the forest fires in British
Columbia. I wonder how the dimwits who put this out are going to survive
their forest fires. I saw lots of evidence fire damage to forests when I was
there in November. I guess I shouldn't have gone.

--
Martha Canada

Old January 29th, 2008, 12:25 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alan S[_1_]

Pollock" wrote:

sechumlib wrote:

That's all pretty laughable, in my opinion. We live in the US and have
visited various parts of Canada, both warm and cold weather. No
"terrorism, heavy snow, ice and forest fires" that we could see.

Somebody with no sense of humor would say that. Nex

I agree. Except this has put out as gospel. In fact the other day the
Australian ambassador defended it saying that 2 Australians had died in an
avalanche. The fact they were out of bounds apparently didn't matter. What I
found particularly amusing was comments on the forest fires in British
Columbia. I wonder how the dimwits who put this out are going to survive
their forest fires. I saw lots of evidence fire damage to forests when I was
there in November. I guess I shouldn't have gone.

I'm glad you did, just sorry I missed you.

Bureaucratic cya twits exist in all our countries. An Aussie
site warning travelling Aussies of fire risks in Canada is
equivalent to an Inuit site warning their people to be
careful of slipping on the ice in Greenland.

If I took any notice of these sort of warnings I would never
travel anywhere. On my 2003 trip I was advised not to fly to
the US because of the fear of terrorist attacks by all my
friends as well as by multiple official sites; I took off
from Sydney for LAX followed by five other US domestic
flights (all surprisingly with lots of vacant seats:-) two
weeks before dubya invaded Iraq.

This time 'round I've been told that my driver must be on
time to join the police convoy from Aswan to Abu Simbel and
I must be on time for the return convoy that evening or I'll
miss the Cruise boat. And don't drink the water or even use
it to brush my teeth. And so on. I'm still going.

There is a thread on rec.travel.africa at the moment on
Kenya. And one on rec.travel.asia on Myanmar. They tend to
put the relative risks of Australia and Canada in context.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Slovenia
Old January 29th, 2008, 01:33 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Gerrit

Pollock" wrote:

sechumlib wrote:

That's all pretty laughable, in my opinion. We live in the US and have
visited various parts of Canada, both warm and cold weather. No
"terrorism, heavy snow, ice and forest fires" that we could see.

Somebody with no sense of humor would say that. Nex

I agree. Except this has put out as gospel. In fact the other day the
Australian ambassador defended it saying that 2 Australians had died in an
avalanche. The fact they were out of bounds apparently didn't matter. What
found particularly amusing was comments on the forest fires in British
Columbia. I wonder how the dimwits who put this out are going to survive
their forest fires. I saw lots of evidence fire damage to forests when I
was
there in November. I guess I shouldn't have gone.

--
Martha Canada

Martha
Just read in my earlier post in this thread what Canada says about Australia
:-)

Gerrit