Miami Beach hotels - close to Port of Miami

Old May 18th, 2004, 03:34 AM
Tom Brady

Default Miami Beach hotels - close to Port of Miami

In Miami, there are large group hotels which can accommodate cruise
passengers who wish to extend their vacations pre or post-cruising
close to the Port of Miami.

We have stayed at the Deauville Beach Resort
http://www.deauvillebeachresort.com for more than 10 days and enjoyed
the service and immediate beachfront access to the Atlantic Ocean.

Summer bargains are plentiful between April 30th and September 30th.
Old May 18th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Howie

Tom Brady wrote:

In Miami, there are large group hotels which can accommodate cruise
passengers who wish to extend their vacations pre or post-cruising
close to the Port of Miami.

We have stayed at the Deauville Beach Resort
http://www.deauvillebeachresort.com for more than 10 days and enjoyed
the service and immediate beachfront access to the Atlantic Ocean.

The Deaville used to be a beautiful resort. What's it like these days, Tom?

Howie

Old May 18th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Lunyma

We have stayed at the Deauville Beach Resort
http://www.deauvillebeachresort.com for more than 10 days and enjoyed
the service and immediate beachfront access to the Atlantic Ocean.

It was a nice hotel when I stayed there as a kid, in the 60s, but when I stayed
there a couple years ago, with MY kids, and the front desk was nasty to me when
I told them about the used condom on the pool table in the kid's game room, I
changed my mind... Oh yeah... The couple in the hot tub, doing their *thing*,
while we walked past, WITH my kids, didn't impress me either...

Old May 18th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Lunyma

The Deaville used to be a beautiful resort. What's it like these days, Tom?

Read MY reply, Howie... Not the same as the good ol' days!

Old May 18th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Lunyma

Forgot to mention... It's a bargain, on Priceline! I think I got 2 rooms, for
a couple nights, at $35 a room, per night. If you have no kids with you, and
just need a place to stay, it was fine G

Pam

Old May 19th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Howie

Lunyma wrote:

We have stayed at the Deauville Beach Resort
http://www.deauvillebeachresort.com for more than 10 days and enjoyed
the service and immediate beachfront access to the Atlantic Ocean.

It was a nice hotel when I stayed there as a kid, in the 60s, but when I stayed
there a couple years ago, with MY kids, and the front desk was nasty to me when
I told them about the used condom on the pool table in the kid's game room, I
changed my mind... Oh yeah... The couple in the hot tub, doing their *thing*,
while we walked past, WITH my kids, didn't impress me either...

Yuck, that's nasty. Apart from these unpleasant incidents, what were
the rooms and grounds like, Pam?

Howie

Old May 19th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Lunyma

Yuck, that's nasty. Apart from these unpleasant incidents, what were
the rooms and grounds like, Pam?

The grounds (in the back, by the pool), were very nice. The pool area seemed
to be clean, and in good condition, although we were unable to use it due to 50
degree daily temps, high winds, and rain... Oh... I forgot to mention the dead
bird, right outside the door to the pool, that wasn't removed in the 3 days we
were there... (yes... we told them about THAT too)
Anyway... The rooms were fine. They are decent sized, compared to some newer
hotels, but when we were there (2001 or 2002?), it appeared that they had been
refurbished fairly recently. Not the same for the hallways though... OLD,
stained carpet, and lots of chipped paint. The lobby, however, is a reminder
of days past, and seemed to be kept up as well as it was in days gone by.
The Deauville was a high class joint in the 60s, along with the Carillon, the
Swan (long gone), and the Fountainbleu (which I hear has been kept up VERY
well, but their prices reflect that). I certainly wouldn't choose this as a
Miami beach destination though, unless I were on a strict budget, or just
needed a bed for the night, and got it through Priceline.

Pam ------ would rather stay at the Holiday inn Bayside, or the Downtown
Hilton, pre or post cruise...

Old May 19th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Howie

Lunyma wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the info, Pam. I think I'll skip this one when I go out of
Miami. Been to the Fountainbleu a few times in the past 10 years. It's
still quite nice, but more convention-like than a resort these days.

Howie

Old May 19th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Howie

Thanks for the info, Pam. I think I'll skip this one when I go out of
Miami. Been to the Fountainbleu a few times in the past 10 years. It's
still quite nice, but more convention-like than a resort these days.

Howie

Actually, it was about 12 years ago, sorry.

Old May 20th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Susan

We just came back from Miami and stayed at Deauville, it was aweful, we
booked it on internet, it was completely different from the pictures we saw.

We had a ocean view room too. Apart from the extra charge for the ocean
view ( we paid upfront) they insisted on charge "resort fee"

We tried to talked to the front desk manager, her attitude was the worst I
have ever seen. Plus no room service at all for 3 days. The last morning,
they told away the shower curtain without letting us know, I don't know why
they did that !

I was very disappointed.

Anyway I heard the Day's Inn is pretty good.

Good Luck

P.S. try to book a hotel close to south beach, close to 6-15 street, it is
cheaper to go to the port from there then from North Miami beach.

"Howie" wrote in message
news