world's worst tourists

Old October 9th, 2003, 02:45 AM
Deep Freud Moors

Default world's worst tourists

[1] although Maggie Thatcher gets my vote for being physically _and_
morally repugnant ...

Anne Widdecombe?
---
DFM

Old October 9th, 2003, 06:00 AM
Hatunen

Default Nice Ugly Americans

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 07:40:12 +0200, "Sjoerd"
wrote:

"Mxsmanic" schreef in bericht
.. .
Sjoerd writes:

Huh? Thousands of rich young Dutch people here in Amsterdam who got rich

by
working hard, or having a creative idea for a business.

There are no rich Europeans, at least none who got that way by earning
it themselves. I've seen what passes for "rich" in Europe, and only a
European would consider that wealthy.

What is your definition for "rich" and "wealthy"?

Sjoerd, who feels rich himself but probably wouldn't qualify in Mxsmanic's
definition.

Hell, it appears even Richard Branson doesn't qualify under his
definition.

Old October 9th, 2003, 06:22 AM
Charles Hawtrey

"Gregory Morrow" staggered to the
nearest keyboard and wrote:

Desmond Coughlan wrote:

Her mind's gone ? I'm behind the times. Then again, I only found out an
hour ago, that Arnie Schwar[fill in some random consonants here]er got
elected governor of California !!

Well, ya know that Kalifornia is the "Land of Opportunity"...!!!

I was told it was the "Land of the Fruit and Nut."

Old October 9th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Reid©

Following up to Sjoerd

speeding with their cars

That's the only way one can survive in Italy......;-)

one of its best features.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old October 9th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Reid©

Following up to Jenn

......And yet America's foreign policy is still haunted by the same mistakes.
The Cold War is long-finished, and communism discredited, but it hardly
matters. Who needs an enemy like communism, when you are already your
own worst enemy?

thanks for that, nice to actually learn something on usenet
Old October 9th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Reid©

Following up to Go Fig

There are precious few Americans who understand the reference, either.

How well do Europeans understand 'Euro trash'?

For one, I had to look in the dictionary. I had known it as the
name of a TV programme collecting together silly euro porn and
suchlike, but I had not been aware of the dictionary meaning.

Eurotrash
noun [mass noun] informal rich
European socialites, especially
those living or working in the
United States

My impression is that "eurotrash" and "ugly american" are mainly
US terms.
Old October 9th, 2003, 07:55 AM
Keith Willshaw

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Keith Willshaw writes:

"The number of HNWIs in Europe grew 6% to 2.3 million in 2000 ...

That's less than one person in two hundred.

A quite similar proportion to that in North America in fact
were there are around 2.1 million HNWI's

Keith