Oakland to Whistler

Old March 3rd, 2010, 08:11 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
bob edwards

Default Oakland to Whistler

I know that everyone is breathless wondering what we're going to do.
I have tentatively decided to fly to Seattle, rent a car, drive to
Vancouver, overnight there and drive the rest of the way to Whistler
the next day.

I've looked on Priceline and it appears that I can get a pretty good
rate at the Renaissance Hotel in Vancouver. Any comments on the hotel
or alternative suggestions?
Old March 3rd, 2010, 09:14 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
don

If you want an perfect location, the Sylvia Hotel is right on English Bay
and an easy walk to Stanley Park and good access to the Lions Gate Bridge
when you head north the next day. It's not fancy or new but very popular and
more memorable than a 'big box' hotel. There's even a song about it - how
cool is that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8CaKRsGvU
my 2 cents

Old March 3rd, 2010, 09:19 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
don

We've stayed at the Sylvia Hotel - not new or 'big box' fancy but it's very
popular being right on English Bay and an stoll to Stanley Park. The Lions
Gate Bridge north to Whistler runs through the park. Cheryl Wheeler even
wrote a song about it (check YouTube); how cool is that?

Old March 7th, 2010, 07:04 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rudy[_1_]

Look into flying OAK-BLI and renting the car there..its a lot more laid back
at BLI and None of the heavy traffic you find at SEA.

Its just a 20 minute drive from BLI to the border. Take the "truck
Crossing" exit (Hwy 548 IIRC ) just before the border for shorter lineups

My ladyfriend and I are going to go from Oakland to Whistler in a few
months for a wedding and I'm trying to decide how we should go.