back from the brink

Old May 10th, 2015, 03:45 AM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.travel.europe,soc.history.medieval
Jolly Roger[_3_]

Default back from the brink

On 2015-04-09, Lewis wrote:

I love how s/he/it blame Yosemite for s/he/it's ****up.

A bad workman always blames his tools.

It's remarkable how defensive the iCrowd gets about catastrophes.

It has nothing at all to do with being defensive and everything to do
with someone following bad advice and turning around and blaming the
tools.

I've lost things and it's awful. Since I'm a computer engineer, I have the
knowledge to indulge my obsession with backups. For (computer) laymen,
the loss of data varies from a PITA to life-changing crisis.

Erilar, you have my sympathy.

I can sympathize as well since I have lost important data in the past as
well. The difference is I cared enough to learn what went wrong and
change my behavior to ensure it didn't happen again. I could be wrong,
but that's not what seems to be happening here, since even after people
have explained what she did wrong and how to fix it, she continues to
blame the tools. This thread is the result.

JR