Stinko flight

Old May 27th, 2006, 10:27 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Stinko flight

I remember last year when I flew back from San Francisco to Keflavik Iceland on an Icelandair flight. Some American
young man came to sit next to me with an odour that was more dead than alive.

And the flight was going to last for about 7,5 hours so I thought that I was in for "a real treat" here. But then I
opened up more the air switch on panel above your seat, underneaththe overhead lockers, and to my amazement the smell
soon disappeared and I had no more bother with it. The problem was soon solved well before take-off.

So that could be an option too.

On Sat, 13 May 2006 22:06:15 GMT, wrote:

The global carriers need to enact a rule that people who arrive at a flight
with unacceptable personal hygiene will not be allowed to board unless and
until
they clean up their act.

I understand that people who are on long connecting flights cannot be as
pristine as daisies, but -DAMN- some of these people bring tears to your
eyes,
and I dont believe it is anything but cultural nastiness.

I suspect that you all, who have made long international flights, have been
'offended' by this sort of passenger before.

Cant something be done??

Old May 30th, 2006, 08:31 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Charles J. van Doornewaard wrote:

And the flight was going to last for about 7,5 hours so I thought that I was in for "a real treat" here. But then I
opened up more the air switch on panel above your seat, underneaththe overhead lockers, and to my amazement the smell
soon disappeared and I had no more bother with it. The problem was soon solved well before take-off.

So that could be an option too.

I boarded a plane once that smelled as though the carpet had been
shampooed with urine. The flight hung around the runway for over an
hour, waiting for clearance to take off, and it was a warm day.
Surprisingly, as soon as they started the engines and turned on the
aircon, the smell pretty much disappeared.

Rupa Bose
www.rupabose.org