outer banks Corolla

Old October 3rd, 2005, 06:47 PM
MizzGail

Default outer banks Corolla

We are looking to go to the outer banks for our honeymoon the first
week in May 2006. We have a limited budget, but I have found a place
listed on the sound called Corolla-light. Anyone familiar with the inn
or the area? Any suggestions for a romantic place to stay on the ocean
for people traveling on a budget?
What is the crowd like in May?

Tanks!

Old October 6th, 2005, 05:46 AM
??

MizzGail wrote:

We are looking to go to the outer banks for our honeymoon the first
week in May 2006. We have a limited budget, but I have found a place
listed on the sound called Corolla-light. Anyone familiar with the inn
or the area? Any suggestions for a romantic place to stay on the ocean
for people traveling on a budget?
What is the crowd like in May?

Tanks!

My impression of the Corolla area is that it is more upscale than most
of the other Outer Banks areas. You've got one lighthouse there. I
don't know about abundance or quality of restaurants as we stayed at
Ocracoke and Buxton and ate there except for one lunch at Nags Head (on
our way to Corolla for a day trip.) I really liked Ocracoke. It's more
"isolated" since you have to take a ferry to get there. The
accommodations are fairly abundant, there are some good restaurants, and
a *great* coffee shop.