life in Singapore

Old November 28th, 2004, 11:26 PM
ggg

novita77 wrote in message om...

[quote=Ash]Yes, it is a very expensive place populated by lots of spoilt
young rich
kids, barely legal drinking age, that think nothing of spending S$200
for a
round of drinks.
Very clean but sterile and characterless with no history apart from a
couple
of months in 1942.
Out of all the places I've travelled to Singapore is about the only one
said I have no wish to go back to.
----------------------------------

Hi Ash, I still do think Singapore nice place to go as a tourist. But we
don't want to live there as a resident. Nice place for woman to shopping
around. Nice food and nice atmosphere. But once u live there... you will
have to keep up with singaporean. Working very very hard... My husband
used to work for local company... even on his day off the phone will
ring and ask him to go to work. Maybe that the basic characteristic of
chinese... Live to work (not work to live). Because of the ppl there
very hard working... not surprise the country achieved so much in over
30 yrs. Singapore have the lowest corruption rate in far east.

But still... I don't want to live in Singapore.... :-)

I don't want to live in Singapore either but I definitely don't want
to live in Florida. I think my chances of finding someone to have an
interesting conversation would increase if I were in Singapore than
Florida. I think that would be true for John's wife.
Old November 28th, 2004, 11:29 PM
ggg

novita77 wrote in message om...
=
Come on Mimi... I take it u r a lady from ur name. Don't tell me u don't
like shopping in Singapore.

Yes... Singapore is a 'fines' country... lol...

I didn't see anything good about Singapore shopping compared to NYC or
HK except that Singapore had a lot of good Australian and European
wares that don't make it to the US. I can get major labels cheaper
and with good return policies in NYC than in SG or HK Do you mean
clothes? I noticed that the Japanese expat wives (unlike in HK or
NYC) looked roughed up by the sun.

Old November 29th, 2004, 11:12 PM
tamarind

You are very naive to think this way. Singaporeans, especially, ethnic
Chinese, discriminate against Filipino and Indonesian maids, and
especially Indian foreign workers. It is not a race or skin color
thing, they even dislike Chinese from China, because many of them are
construction workers or prostitutes. Either you don't look like any of
the above, or you have not lived in Singapore long enough, or you
always only go to the tourist areas.

novita77 wrote in message om...
I am not agree with you... Sorry!!! Loads of Indonesians working in
Singapore as a maid. But I never have a bad treatment. Singaporean ppl
most of them are OK. Place is very cosmopolitan. THey don't judge ppl by
skin's colour.

And so what if ppl mistaken and think you are a maid? Maid is
also a job...

Old December 2nd, 2004, 12:46 AM
tamarind

Singaporeans usually do not discriminate openly, they will treat you
OK, but you never know what they say behind your back. Recently at a
night club at the Grand Hyatt hotel, two women from China were denied
entry, simply because they could not speak English. If this is not
discrimination then I don't know what it is.