Couple holding hands arrested in Malaysia

Old April 27th, 2004, 02:44 AM
Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad

Default Couple holding hands arrested in Malaysia

Alfred Molon wrote in message m...
fairplay wrote:
I think they only arrest locals. Foreigners are allowed to do as they
please, including riding a bicycle downtown Penang shirtless. I saw this
white guy, just a few days ago, riding carefully, but shirtless, along
Campbell Street.

Is it an offence to ride without a shirt? this is news to me..

Not a crime, but certainly bad taste in a SE Asian country. You have to
respect local sensibilities.

My cousin who is a part time fisherman is shirtless and wear short pants when
travelling around his village and when going fishing.
Of course it is not appropriate to do this in the cities.
Old April 27th, 2004, 03:07 AM
Mr_Magoo

"adchin" wrote in message ...
I think they only arrest locals. Foreigners are allowed to do as they
please, including riding a bicycle downtown Penang shirtless. I saw this
white guy, just a few days ago, riding carefully, but shirtless, along
Campbell Street.

You must a jolly joker...

I am a muslim and I always hold my wife hands while doing our weekly
shopping and nothing happen to me.

If you really want to bad mouth Malaysia that bad (and I did notice
this trend based from your previous posting), at least try harder.

Rgds,

Mr Magoo
Old April 27th, 2004, 06:17 AM
Pan

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:25:16 +0200, Thomas Stalder
wrote:

Traditions
are different and Malaysian rules are very hard for westernes, but we
have to respect these rules, when we are guest of this country.

[snip]

Yes to respecting them, but you really found it hard to live by
Malaysian rules while in Malaysia? Just which rule was hard for you?

Not at all.

I ment, it is not easy to keep allways in mind to behave differently as
if being at home. Things, that are pretty normal here aren't there, and
vice versa (ie. spitting on the ground or in a pot is very normal in
many countries, but not here.

[snip]

Now I understand what you mean, and I agree. It may not be evident how
one should behave in a foreign country, but it's important to find out
and behave properly. I found myself looking with a disapproving,
somewhat contemptuous eye at white men and women dressed in shorts in
Kota Bharu, among Malay women in baju kurungs. There seems to be no
end of heedless tourists...

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the TRASH, so to speak. Please do not email me something which you also posted.
Old April 27th, 2004, 08:33 PM
intruder

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:08:59 GMT, Pan wrote:

Actually, it's up to anybody who deals with a visitor.

Naturally.
Why tell me, tell it to Senior Ignoramus. It is he who claims to be
speaking for all Malaysian. With 'WE' refers to people in general
including himself.
Especially in Malaysia, the term we is always questionable.

It's probably a
pretty invariable truth that visitors who show respect for the country
and people who are hosting them tend to meet with a much friendlier
reception than those who show a total disregard - or worse, contempt -
for the pride, sensibilites, and traditions of their hosts.

BTW.
What would most people do who have business stakes in tourism?
They ignore what those Westeners do or say, as long as the money rolls
amd they just get rich.
Visit Bali and you will always wonder why those many rude Australians
(not to generalise) will always be accepted by the Balinese.
Ever visited Mexico?

Old April 27th, 2004, 08:41 PM
intruder

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:19:46 +0800, ignoramus
wrote:

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:08:59 GMT, Pan wrote:

Actually, it's up to anybody who deals with a visitor. It's probably a
pretty invariable truth that visitors who show respect for the country
and people who are hosting them tend to meet with a much friendlier
reception than those who show a total disregard - or worse, contempt -
for the pride, sensibilites, and traditions of their hosts.

Excuse intruder. He has no dignity.

Thank you, I am glad you feel that way.
It show you cannot ignore me after all.
You appear ridiculous and are dupe.
I will visit Malaysia in a few month. I suppose you will welcome me
there!

What do you expect from a monkey who would do anything for a banana?

I dunno. I suppose the monkey will open his arse in front of you as
gratitude. What do you think, dupe?

Old April 27th, 2004, 11:25 PM
jay

wrote:

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:08:59 GMT, Pan wrote:

Actually, it's up to anybody who deals with a visitor. It's probably a
pretty invariable truth that visitors who show respect for the country
and people who are hosting them tend to meet with a much friendlier
reception than those who show a total disregard - or worse, contempt -
for the pride, sensibilites, and traditions of their hosts.

Excuse intruder. He has no dignity.

Thank you, I am glad you feel that way.
It show you cannot ignore me after all.
You appear ridiculous and are dupe.
I will visit Malaysia in a few month. I suppose you will welcome me
there!

igno, this guy is so desperate that he wants you to welcome him in
m'sia. so please wait for him outside the animal quarantine area at
the kastam with a few peanuts. i am sure the monkey will be tired
from a long journey couped up in a cage. lol.

What do you expect from a monkey who would do anything for a banana?

I dunno. I suppose the monkey will open his arse in front of you as
gratitude. What do you think, dupe?

again offering itself for a banana. igno, leave those bananas at
home. just peanuts at the quarintine area ok. lmao.

Old April 27th, 2004, 11:29 PM
jay

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:33:25 +0200, intruder
wrote:

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:08:59 GMT, Pan wrote:

Actually, it's up to anybody who deals with a visitor.

Naturally.
Why tell me, tell it to Senior Ignoramus. It is he who claims to be
speaking for all Malaysian. With 'WE' refers to people in general
including himself.
Especially in Malaysia, the term we is always questionable.

i know you refer to your tribe of monkeys when you say we. lmao.

It's probably a
pretty invariable truth that visitors who show respect for the country
and people who are hosting them tend to meet with a much friendlier
reception than those who show a total disregard - or worse, contempt -
for the pride, sensibilites, and traditions of their hosts.

BTW.
What would most people do who have business stakes in tourism?

they feed monkeys like you or have you on a display cage.

They ignore what those Westeners do or say, as long as the money rolls
amd they just get rich.

ooo... now the indon monkey is calling itself a westerner.... lol.

Visit Bali and you will always wonder why those many rude Australians
(not to generalise) will always be accepted by the Balinese.

did thos australians **** on you again, monkey. lmao.

Ever visited Mexico?

why did you perform in a circus there?