buying a camcorder in singapore ?

Old November 13th, 2003, 10:33 PM
[phil]

Default buying a camcorder in singapore ?

I want to buy the new dsr-pd170P (PAL) in Singapore, do you have address for
that ? (very good prize of course)

Thx
To answer me, please follow this link to avoid spam :
http://marreduspam.com/ad61e421

Old November 14th, 2003, 12:37 PM
thegoons

Try Sim Lim Square, but make sure u bargain them down and be wary - ensure u
get everything including all included accessories and waranty card. Happy
shopping.

Old November 16th, 2003, 01:03 AM
gg

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:37:35 GMT, "thegoons"
wrote:

Try Sim Lim Square, but make sure u bargain them down and be wary - ensure u
get everything including all included accessories and waranty card. Happy
shopping.

=CAREFUL !!! these singaporins are capable of being VERY violent if
the sale does not go through!

Old December 11th, 2003, 04:35 PM
celtic

if you buy a camcorder in singapore and the exact same one in the uk and both are pal versions.
the uk one will be of far better qaulity as what i know is that singapore one's are from the chineese market and have plastic lenses.
i bought a sony dcr trv50 last year in edinburgh-scotland and this year my freind bought a sony dcr trv50 in singapore.
pitchure is very dull compaired to my uk version.
another scam is that when i went in with my trv50 to an electronics store in singapore,i said i am interested in a sony dcr trv80.
he put mine on through a tv monitor and all the people's faces where pure blood red and colour's where dreadful,
then he put the trv80 on and all was ok.
these guys have a small remote control and they put the colour up full and distort the piture etc.
then when they take a camcorder from the shelf they re-set the remote so all s normal.
a buying scam ... dont be fooled by what they say as when i arrived back in scotland i put my trv50 through the tv monitor and colour was excelent.
yes the sales staff are pretty violent as i found out in a shop on colman or coleman street.
all in all only trust your own judgement.
my e-mail is -

Old December 12th, 2003, 03:58 AM
DGPSC

To shop in SINapore is like treading on thin ice... especially in
electronics stores where they would gladly pull out a manufacturer's
suggested retail price list to show you the "discount" they are offering to
you. Don't be fooled, these msrp are pure bull ****. They do not reflect the
market prices. This is a ploy that shop salespeople and owners always use on
unsuspecting tourists. They are all bandits in clean shirts! Avoid shopping
in SINapore for electronic items altogether unless you are very sure of the
prices you can get elsewhere. Even so, becareful of the bait and switch
antics, and the extra charge for "international warranty" crap they will
give you. All in all, I find SINapore shops not trustworthy in general. They
are all out to make a quick buck and leave you for dead!

lkabouttravelling.com...

Old December 14th, 2003, 12:42 PM
ks

you are absolutely right.....

singaporians are a thieving bunch.

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:58:47 -0800, "DGPSC" wrote:

To shop in SINapore is like treading on thin ice... especially in
electronics stores where they would gladly pull out a manufacturer's
suggested retail price list to show you the "discount" they are offering to
you. Don't be fooled, these msrp are pure bull ****. They do not reflect the
market prices. This is a ploy that shop salespeople and owners always use on
unsuspecting tourists. They are all bandits in clean shirts! Avoid shopping
in SINapore for electronic items altogether unless you are very sure of the
prices you can get elsewhere. Even so, becareful of the bait and switch
antics, and the extra charge for "international warranty" crap they will
give you. All in all, I find SINapore shops not trustworthy in general. They
are all out to make a quick buck and leave you for dead!

alkabouttravelling.com...