Royal Caribbean to upgrade wastewater systems

Old May 6th, 2004, 01:45 AM
fishman

Default Royal Caribbean to upgrade wastewater systems

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...home-headlines

MIAMI -- Royal Caribbean International cruise lines will add equipment to
its ships that will better clean sewage and waste water before it's dumped
in the ocean, officials said Wednesday.

The ships' equipment will clean the up to 24,000 gallons of sewage or
``blackwater'' and 265,000 gallons of ``graywater'' from laundries, showers,
sinks and dishwashers each dumps daily when it's at sea.

The announcement came a month after the nonprofit advocacy organization
Oceana and other groups called for the cruise line to clean up its sewage
and wastewater to protect marine habitats and human health. At the time, the
company accused the groups of ``grandstanding.''

``We are confident today this technology economically and environmentally
can treat graywater and blackwater to levels of purity equivalent to Alaska
wastewater standards,'' Royal Caribbean chairman and chief executive Richard
Fain wrote in a letter Tuesday to Oceana officials.

snip

Chris

Old May 6th, 2004, 02:01 AM
HDawson228

All the major cruiselines are continuely improving all their waste handling
procedures and equipment. I'm satisfied with the process where by no grey
water is released close to shore but only in the open sea.
Old May 6th, 2004, 09:48 AM
Cygne 2003

non-smoking restaurants in Caribbean
http://www.smokefreeworld.com/carib.shtml
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Crescent

What's "grey water" and "black water"?

Old May 6th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Howie

Lee Lindquist wrote:

On Thu, 06 May 2004 09:57:09 -0500, Crescent
wrote:

What's "grey water" and "black water"?

Human waste.

Dunno bout "grey water", but plenty of that "black water" fell all over
me during a particularly disgusting shower in our suite on the Explorer
of the Seas.

Howie

Old May 10th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Fri, 07 May 2004 06:58:58 -0400, Howie
wrote:

Dunno bout "grey water", but plenty of that "black water" fell all over
me during a particularly disgusting shower in our suite on the Explorer
of the Seas.

Howie

You might not have those kind of problems if you
didn't ask your crazy wife for a golden shower.
Incontinence is a terrible thing to waste.

Eat me, donkie.
Howie

I suppose when your wife won't service you, bestiality is all you have
left Howie.