Online bookings for NZ activities?

Old June 2nd, 2005, 01:30 PM
Michael

Default Online bookings for NZ activities?

Hey, we are honeymooning in New Zealand this month, can anyone recommend an
online site where we can book the following activities:

Queenstown - Shotover Jet, Milford Sound self drive scenic daytime cruise
(11AM departure with optional lunch), Gondola ride and Dinner (6Pm)

Greymouth - 1 Hr Go Kart Safari

Christchurch - Willowbank dinner and Maori concert

Also if the locals could suggest some sights to see or activities around
Twizel and Fox Glacier that would be great too.

Michael

PS: Is the Rugby League State of Origin shown on tele over there?

Old June 3rd, 2005, 09:39 AM
Ralph Fox

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 22:30:30 +1000, in message
, Michael wrote:

Hey, we are honeymooning in New Zealand this month, can anyone recommend an
online site where we can book the following activities:

Queenstown - Shotover Jet,

If you go to Shotover Jet's own website at http://www.shotoverjet.co.nz/
you will see this (bottom centre)

| BOOK ONLINE NOW!
|
| Bookings are essential, and we
| have made it easy through our
| Online Reservation Service.
| Click here to find out more.

Clicking the link brongs you to a secure online booking form
for Shotover Jet.

Old June 3rd, 2005, 10:47 AM
Michael

Well, I was hoping to get it cheaper than the local travel agent. Why would
shotover charge more when I go direct through them?

"Ralph Fox" wrote in
message ise.net.nz...

Old June 3rd, 2005, 06:02 PM
JohnM

In article , Michael
writes
Hey, we are honeymooning in New Zealand this month,

Congrats !

can anyone recommend an
online site where we can book the following activities:

You don't need to book online. Even at peak time I was able to book on
the day or a day before for many of the things you want to do.

Queenstown - Shotover Jet, Milford Sound self drive scenic daytime cruise
(11AM departure with optional lunch), Gondola ride and Dinner (6Pm)

This certainly looks the part. Bear in mind that QT-Milford Sound is
about 4 hrs there and 4 hrs back. I would make an overnight stay in Te
Anau or Milford Sound itself if I were you (I would recommend Te Anau)
and book the cruise from there. There are also overnight cruises.

Greymouth - 1 Hr Go Kart Safari

Frankly if you go down that way, stay in Hokitika which is more
picturesque. Greymouth is one of the least alluring cities in NZ.

Christchurch - Willowbank dinner and Maori concert

All these you should be able to do on the day.

Also if the locals could suggest some sights to see or activities around
Twizel and Fox Glacier that would be great too.

In the glaciers what you do is climb them. Fox is easier than Franz
Josef (smoother climb) but it's quite hard. Franz Josef (the village) is
more picturesque and romantic. Fox is much larger. A heli-ride to the
glaciers might be a good idea. In Twizel there is a big Lord of the
Rings tour.

--
JohnM
Old June 3rd, 2005, 06:05 PM
JohnM

In article . net.nz,
Ralph Fox writes
, Michael wrote:

Hey, we are honeymooning in New Zealand this month, can anyone recommend an
online site where we can book the following activities:

Queenstown - Shotover Jet,

If you go to Shotover Jet's own website at http://www.shotoverjet.co.nz/
you will see this (bottom centre)

| BOOK ONLINE NOW!
|
| Bookings are essential, and we
| have made it easy through our
| Online Reservation Service.
| Click here to find out more.

Clicking the link brongs you to a secure online booking form
for Shotover Jet.

I booked at 10:15am this March (peak time) for the 10:30am departure and
had to wait for the grand total of 15 minutes. There are numerous
departures during the day.

--
JohnM
Old June 4th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Ralph Fox

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 19:47:43 +1000, in message
, Michael wrote:

Well, I was hoping to get it cheaper than the local travel agent.

The travel agent may be getting a trade/wholesale discount.

Why would
shotover charge more when I go direct through them?

I might guess that Shotover Jet get a sufficient percentage of
their business through resellers that they don't want to undercut
their resellers and risk losing them.

As in any trade: if you can put enough business Shotover Jet's way,
go ask for a trade discount.

Old June 4th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Ralph Fox

, Michael wrote:

Also if the locals could suggest some sights to see or activities around
Twizel and Fox Glacier that would be great too.

In Fox Glacier

1. Go for a walk around Lake Matheson, with its mirror-image
reflections of NZ's highest peaks, Mt. Cook and Mt. Tasman.

2. Go for a hike on the glacier.

http://www.foxguides.co.nz/foxglacier.asp

Old June 6th, 2005, 01:51 AM
Robin

For general information on Daytrips and Tours with online booking check out
http://www.affiliate.viator.com/welcome.jsp?AUID=2536