Durham Tess Valley - RyanAir destination

Old January 21st, 2005, 06:11 PM
DearDYL

Default Durham Tess Valley - RyanAir destination

Hello from Rome, Italy,
we've just bought a RyanAir ticket for a weekend, the flight will land in
Durham Tess Valley (MME).

Someone can say me what we'll find there? :-) Where is good to go for 2
days?

We are searching a city with some amazing nightlife, beer, pubs,
dancing-kidding-joking and so on. We are few goodfellas and we want to spend
2 days in happiness and fun.

It's better to go in Newcastle, Durham, Darlington, Hartlepool,
Middlesbrough, Redcar o Cleveland?
Any raccomandation is accepted!!

Thanks

ciao
dear

Old January 23rd, 2005, 03:19 PM
tim

On 2005-01-21 19:14:11 +0100, nitram said:

BTW - is MME what used to be called Teesside Airport, or is there another
one?

That's the one.

This was one of the first airports in the UK to have a rail connection
(I think they just renamed a suitably located ststion).

The problem is that there are so few flights to the airport
that nobody arrives by train and the service was continually
reduced until it is now sees one train a week in each
direction (there is an hourly train that runs non-stop through
the station.

Perhaps the introduction of the Ryanair service will result
in the train being useful again.

tim

Keith

Old January 23rd, 2005, 03:20 PM
tim

"nitram" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:16:37 +0100, The Rev Gaston

On 2005-01-21 21:15:59 +0100, "Keith W"
said:

"DearDYL" wrote in message
Hello from Rome, Italy,
we've just bought a RyanAir ticket for a weekend, the flight will land
in Durham Tess Valley (MME).

Someone can say me what we'll find there? :-) Where is good to go for 2
days?

We are searching a city with some amazing nightlife, beer, pubs,
dancing-kidding-joking and so on. We are few goodfellas and we want to
spend 2 days in happiness and fun.

It's better to go in Newcastle, Durham, Darlington, Hartlepool,
Middlesbrough, Redcar o Cleveland?
Any raccomandation is accepted!!

As a Middlesbrough man it pains me to say it
but Newcastle is the place to go.

Keith

No need to feel bad - I'm sure that there will be posters looking for a
good place to buy or sell tamazapan, or alternatively get their head
kicked in and their corpse thrown into a torrent of industrial waste,
and at that time you can unreservedly recommend the 'Boro.

Of course if he doesn't go to Middlesbrough he'll miss seeing the
original site of the Transporter Bridge recently moved to Grand Canyon

That was three years ago.

They've moved it back again

tim

--