Disembarkment Question

Old December 12th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Zamgwar

Default Disembarkment Question

Hi All-

Well, I am now OFFICIALLY 60 days away from departing for my next cruise. A bat
of an eye for those enjoy anticipation. A Valentines shove off on Explorer of
the Seas that we're all looking forward too.

So, as promised, I shall begin the questioning. Expect one of these every week
or so, just to build the anticipation-

Question # 1- 10 of my party have a 10:50 flight out of MIA when we get back.
Four have 12:10 flights out of FFL.. How easy (or difficult) is it to make
arrangements to be in the first tags called to disembark?

Question #2- How easy is it to get a cab once off?

Question #3 -What's the average cabfare to MIA and FFL?

Thanks

John
Office of Anticipation
The Zamgwar Institute
Old December 12th, 2003, 04:30 PM
HDawson228

10:50 is a little bit early for my comfort level.
There will be lots of cabs at the pier.
Taxifare to Miami airport is $20.
Taxifare to Fll airport is about $60.
Old December 12th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Rich Cacace

When we took the Explorer last year they started to disembark at 7:15 AM &
you would have had sufficient time BUT I really think it was exceptionally
earlier that normal & I wouldn't count on it again. A 10:30 flight is much
to early even if everything does go accordingly to schedule. The day we
left on the ship there was almost a 45 min wait just to get into the port
area because of some activity going on & from what I hear it's not an
uncommon thing.

Old December 12th, 2003, 09:25 PM
Dick Goldhaber

While most cruise lines ask when your flight departs, and HAL got us off in
plenty of time had there not been the California fires back at the end of
October, but that is another story.

Remember that you are at the mercy of those passengers who have not cleared
immigration and the ship cannot be cleared until they do.

I am not sure whether any passenger can leave the ship until all of the
outstanding charges are settled, but you can check that with your travel
agent and your line.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old December 12th, 2003, 10:50 PM
Charles

In article , Zamgwar
wrote:

Question # 1- 10 of my party have a 10:50 flight out of MIA when we get back.
Four have 12:10 flights out of FFL.. How easy (or difficult) is it to make
arrangements to be in the first tags called to disembark?

It should be easy to arrange getting off early but a 10:50 flight is
not a great idea. That is a flight that might be missed.

--
Charles
Old December 13th, 2003, 01:23 AM
Nathan Rosenthal

"Zamgwar" wrote in message
Hi All-

Well, I am now OFFICIALLY 60 days away from departing for my next cruise.

A bat
of an eye for those enjoy anticipation. A Valentines shove off on Explorer

of
the Seas that we're all looking forward too.

So, as promised, I shall begin the questioning. Expect one of these every

week
or so, just to build the anticipation-

Question # 1- 10 of my party have a 10:50 flight out of MIA when we get

back.
Four have 12:10 flights out of FFL.. How easy (or difficult) is it to make
arrangements to be in the first tags called to disembark?

Did you book your own air? If so, I would try to get the 10:50 flight
changed to a later time. Although we have usually gotten off the ship by
9:30 am, I would feel more comfortable with a later departure time.

Normally theose people with the earliest flight times disembark first. This
is taken care of during the cruise with a questionnaire left in your cabin.
If in doubt, you can check with the purser's desk.

Nick

Old December 13th, 2003, 02:30 AM
Odysseus

Normally theose people with the earliest flight times disembark first.

This
is taken care of during the cruise with a questionnaire left in your

cabin.

I never understood why they have to ask you your plans if you booked your
airfare with the cruise line. They should have that information. The
question I really don't understand is when they ask if you will be staying
on the ship for the next cruise. They should, definitely, know the answer
to that one.

Old December 13th, 2003, 03:53 AM
Eileen Garland

Odysseus wrote:

I never understood why they have to ask you your plans if you booked your
airfare with the cruise line. They should have that information. The
question I really don't understand is when they ask if you will be staying
on the ship for the next cruise. They should, definitely, know the answer
to that one.

The left hand is apparently not connected to the right hand. Each
department seems to operate in a vacuum.

Eileen

Old December 13th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Thomas Smith

Questions answered in-line

"Zamgwar" wrote in message
Hi All-

Well, I am now OFFICIALLY 60 days away from departing for my next cruise.

A bat
of an eye for those enjoy anticipation. A Valentines shove off on Explorer

of
the Seas that we're all looking forward too.

So, as promised, I shall begin the questioning. Expect one of these every

week
or so, just to build the anticipation-

Question # 1- 10 of my party have a 10:50 flight out of MIA when we get

back.
Four have 12:10 flights out of FFL.. How easy (or difficult) is it to make
arrangements to be in the first tags called to disembark?

When on-board, check in with the information desk. Show them your airline
ticket reciepts and they will give you priority debarkation. However, a
10:50 a.m. flight is extremely risky. While the ship arrives at 7:00 a.m.,
they will not let anyone off until the ship clears customs, which is usually
around 9:00 a.m. Add another 45 minutes for you to find your bags, clear
customs yourself, and get to the airport and you really are pushing it.
Some airlines now automatically cancel your reservation if you have not
checked in 60 minutes before your flight. The 12:10 flights from Fort
Lauderdale is better, since you still will get priority debarkation. I
personally would try to book a flight after 2:00 p.m. after a cruise, and
never book a flight before noon. Both Miami International and Fort
Lauderdale International are madhouses on weekend afternoons, expecially
during the winter months because of the thousands of cruisers going home all
at the same time.

Question #2- How easy is it to get a cab once off?

Getting a taxi is very easy. They will line up right outside the terminal
building. If you need a larger vehicle (if you have more than four people
in your party), you can request a taxi van or station wagon. They may be a
little harder to find, but not that much harder.

Question #3 -What's the average cabfare to MIA and FFL?

Fares are fixed for taxi cabs from the Port of Miami to Miami International
Airport at $18 per cab, regardless of how many people are in the taxi. Taxi
fare from the Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale International Airport should
run you around $50 for up to five people in your cab. These fares do not
include tip.

Thanks

John
Office of Anticipation