Billings Montana no Wally Docking

Old July 31st, 2005, 09:16 PM
Rtavi

Default Billings Montana no Wally Docking

Montana town threatening to outlaw freebie overnight "camping"
Billings, MT is threatening to enforce a section of city code prohibiting
overnight RV camping except in licensed campgrounds. The law in question has
been on the books since at least 1967. It says: "It is unlawful for any
person to park any motor vehicle for camping purposes in the city except in
an authorized tourist park." When the owners of several RV parks complained
last summer that RVs were illegally parking overnight in the two Wal-Mart
lots in Billings, city officials met with Wal-Mart representatives. As a
result, Wal-Mart posted signs in its lots informing patrons that it was
against the law to park there overnight. In addition, the stores agreed to
have their security guards put fliers explaining the law under the
windshield wipers of any RVs parked at Wal-Mart for more than four hours
after 9 p.m. or at any time past 2 a.m. But that has been the extent of
enforcing the law. City code enforcement officers have not yet issued any
citations. RVers who would like to comment on this issue can email Billings
Mayor Charles Tooley at SOURCE: Billings Gazette.

I will therefore be sure not to spend any cash there next summer.

Old July 31st, 2005, 09:26 PM
OsiTech.Net

"I will therefore be sure not to spend any cash there next summer."

I agree with you.

news

Old July 31st, 2005, 10:25 PM
tkranz

Use the link to send the mayor a letter. I did. Give him your correct
name and phone #.

news

Old July 31st, 2005, 10:58 PM
Jacque

I live in Billings and the real culprit is KOA. They are the ones who are
pressuring Walmart to adopt their new policy.

As you may or may not know, KOA originates in Billings. I believe that
contacting KOA and complaining would be the best source of action,
especially since this may just be the beginning of a nationwide policy.

Here is a link to send mail, email, or phone KOA:

http://www.koakampgrounds.com/feedba...asp?Feedback=7

"tkranz" wrote in message
Use the link to send the mayor a letter. I did. Give him your correct
name and phone #.

news

Old July 31st, 2005, 11:55 PM
MOMPEAGRAM

Your firm will find that your actions will turn more campers off than
encourage them to use your facilities.

I would seriously reconsider the actions of trying to ban stopovers in
Walmart lots.

Old August 1st, 2005, 10:48 AM

Rtavi wrote:
[...]

I really doubt that any letter writing campaign will change opinions. I
also doubt that KOA is pushing for enforcement to increase their
business.

Most of these bans aren't enforced. They are put into effect to deter
noise, crime, litter, loitering, prostitution and other
unwanted/illegal activities. They are put there for the people who live
in that area. So, unless someone is abusing the privilege, they usually
won't say much.

If you've ever been to a truck stop or know an "over the road" trucker,
you know what goes on at these places.

The Rest Areas are getting packed with trucks, campers and such. So
therefore, truckers are also using Wal-marts across the country to park
for their 8-10 hour break that is required by the federal government.
Altho many states are increasing the size of the Rest Areas, providing
security and other improvements, they still lag behind the times
(crisis management).

In closing, until we find out ALL the facts, lets not still **** and
make it stink worse than it is. Or, write KOA and ask them to give us
cheaper rates from 11 p.m. to 7 A.M., or something equivilent.

Hank ~~~~thinks it's fun to stir ****, but don't like the smell of
this one.

Old August 1st, 2005, 12:44 PM
Michel Talbot

Rtavi a écrit:

I will therefore be sure not to spend any cash there next summer.

It would be much easier if you'd let us know of al the places you won't
go instead of posting such messages every month.

http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.tr...2f601b40a8d96c

--
Michel Talbot
Montreal

Formula One Photo Database: http://www.F1Pics.net

Old August 1st, 2005, 10:29 PM
Claim Guy

"OsiTech.Net" wrote in message
You are doing a great job Sir, keep us informed.

Very poor comeback.

Old August 1st, 2005, 10:52 PM
Bob Hatch

"Rtavi" wrote in message
news
[...]

Boy oh boy, thanks for the heads up. Billings is off my list, as is all of
Montana and all neighboring states. Idaho, Wyoming, North and South Dakota.
All gone. Only gonna visit places I can freeload.
--
"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I have stayed alive."