JFK Layover

Old December 11th, 2005, 06:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default JFK Layover

I will have a 7 hour plus layover at JFK enroute to Venice. I would
appreciate some advice -- can I realistically get into the city ( and do
anything) and back in that time ( taking into account the ins and outs of
security et al)? What will it cost -- taxis and what else are available?
Any further advice??
rjf

Old December 11th, 2005, 06:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Figure on a good hour to get into the city from and back to JFK. If
you're traveling during rush hour, allow even more time. Let's assume
for argument that it take you 90 minutes each way. That would leave you
about three hours to be in Manhattan and about one hour for security
(again, it depends on the day and time your flight leaves).

Taxis cost an arm and a leg, so forget anout them. But there are buses
that are far cheaper, as well as other options. Look he
http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/jgtsfram.htm

If it were me, I'd head straight to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Awesome place if you've never been. And they have a quite decent-enough
restaurant to get a quick bite; or you can explore the surrounding
blocks (go to Madison Ave. one block east for a good choice). Also,
Central Park is right behind the museum.

Old December 11th, 2005, 11:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Excuse me, Albert Einstein. What does Europe mean?

Old December 12th, 2005, 01:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Runge" wrote in message
Here comes another good american who doesn't know what "Europe"
means...maybe a new mall recently opened in New jersey ??

"Bob Fusillo" a écrit dans le message de news:
I will have a 7 hour plus layover at JFK enroute to Venice. I would
appreciate some advice -- can I realistically get into the city ( and do
anything) and back in that time ( taking into account the ins and outs of
security et al)? What will it cost -- taxis and what else are available?
Any further advice??
rjf

And what does Europe mean? And it is a trip to Europe with a layover.

Old December 12th, 2005, 02:03 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

The new monorail is running from Jamaica, New York City to the airport.
If it looks like traffic is an issue (and it probably is) this may
help. Check out http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/mta/airtrain.htm (sorry, too
new to know how to put in a link). You take the monorail from your
terminal to the Jamaica train station; go downstairs and grab a subway
into Manhattan. Both the monorail and the subway run every few
minutes.

Carol
Editor - Lowfares.com
http://www.lowfares.com

Old December 12th, 2005, 02:27 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

I believe Bob actually resides in Venice, and his question did have a
European component, i.e., Venice...

Old December 12th, 2005, 06:31 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Look up your dictionary you will find them at Border's
and read the title of the group again

2005121118482043658-ksternberg@acmorg...