Airline Help

Old February 16th, 2005, 06:00 PM
diane345

Default Airline Help

Can someone recommend a cheap way of flying from Sydney to Singapore

Thanks

--
diane345
diane345's Profile: http://travelforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=804

Old February 16th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Tony Bailey

"diane345" wrote in message

Can someone recommend a cheap way of flying from Sydney to Singapore

Not without a whole lot more information!

--
Tony Bailey
Mercury Travel Books

Old February 16th, 2005, 10:06 PM
David Bennetts

"Tony Bailey" wrote in message
"diane345" wrote in message

Can someone recommend a cheap way of flying from Sydney to Singapore

Not without a whole lot more information!

--
Tony Bailey
Mercury Travel Books

As Tony says, you need to provide a whole lot more info. Are you going
single or return? Single fares as a rule are quite expensive. When are you
flying? - prices are seasonal.. If return how long will you be in
Singapore? Do you require accommodation there - packages are often not much
more expensive than cheapest return airfare.

Have a look at www.travel.com.au for some packages and fares.

Regards

David Bennetts

Old February 16th, 2005, 10:22 PM
diane345

Thanks for your replies. Here is my delema(sp?) I am using FF miles to
fly from USA to Singapore Dec 05 and taking a cruise which ends in Fiji
Feb 06. The airline classifies Singapore as one zone and Fiji as
another and you must return from the same zone. So I and my husband
need to return to Singapore from Fiji in order to qualify for the FF
rules. I will need a hotel both in Singapore and perhaps mainland New
Zealand if I cannot make connecting flights? HELP!!

Old February 17th, 2005, 02:09 AM

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:22:32 -0600, diane345
wrote:

Thanks for your replies. Here is my delema(sp?) I am using FF miles to
fly from USA to Singapore Dec 05 and taking a cruise which ends in Fiji
Feb 06. The airline classifies Singapore as one zone and Fiji as
another and you must return from the same zone. So I and my husband
need to return to Singapore from Fiji in order to qualify for the FF
rules. I will need a hotel both in Singapore and perhaps mainland New
Zealand if I cannot make connecting flights? HELP!!

What do you mean by "mainland New Zealand" ?

Cath
Old February 17th, 2005, 03:20 AM
Dave Proctor

wrote:

Thanks for your replies. Here is my delema(sp?) I am using FF miles to
fly from USA to Singapore Dec 05 and taking a cruise which ends in Fiji
Feb 06. The airline classifies Singapore as one zone and Fiji as
another and you must return from the same zone. So I and my husband
need to return to Singapore from Fiji in order to qualify for the FF
rules. I will need a hotel both in Singapore and perhaps mainland New
Zealand if I cannot make connecting flights? HELP!!

What do you mean by "mainland New Zealand" ?

Te West Island perhaps?

Dave

=====

NSW Rural Fire Service - become a volunteer today.

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/
Old February 17th, 2005, 04:54 AM
David Bennetts

"Dave Proctor" wrote in message

What do you mean by "mainland New Zealand" ?

Te West Island perhaps?

Dave

=====

NSW Rural Fire Service - become a volunteer today.

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/

Mainland Cheese comes from New Zealand. So I guess it's the island where
they make the cheese.
Made from pure New Zulland mulk.

Regards

David Bennetts

Old February 17th, 2005, 02:28 PM
diane345

Re "Mainland New Zealand" I am assuming I can get a flight from Fiji
(Nadi) to Auckland, NZ but if I cannot get a connecting flight to
Singapore then I will need to stay at a hotel overnight and fly on to
Singapore the next day. Also my flight from Singapore to the US leaves
7 a.m. so will need to overnight in Singapore as well.

Old February 17th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Tony Bailey

"diane345" wrote in message

Thanks for your replies. Here is my delema(sp?) I am using FF miles to
fly from USA to Singapore Dec 05 and taking a cruise which ends in Fiji
Feb 06. The airline classifies Singapore as one zone and Fiji as
another and you must return from the same zone. So I and my husband
need to return to Singapore from Fiji in order to qualify for the FF
rules. I will need a hotel both in Singapore and perhaps mainland New
Zealand if I cannot make connecting flights? HELP!!

Diane-

Do a price comparison with two options -

1) Get an online agent in Australia to book you on Air Pacific to SYD and
the best price on another airline to Singapore.

2) Ditto for one in New Zealand to Book you on NZ,.

Tony Bailey
Mercury Travel Books